• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AndyR

AndyR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

I lived on Gipsy Hill back in the 60s and 70s now living in Cheltenham often come back to the Palace for a walk back in time. My mother and Father also lived in the house that was on the sight of the Upper Norwood Methodist church next to the old church I went to the new church when I was a child. I went to Paxton Primary school and left in 74. I've many old photos from around the area including one from around 1905 of the cows been walked up Gipsy Hill to the dairy. be good to hear from anyone from my era

#2 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Love to see those photos, if you have a scanner and can post them here, AndyR!

#3 Caradeuc

Caradeuc

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I lived on Gipsy Hill back in the 60s and 70s now living in Cheltenham often come back to the Palace for a walk back in time. My mother and Father also lived in the house that was on the sight of the Upper Norwood Methodist church next to the old church I went to the new church when I was a child. I went to Paxton Primary school and left in 74. I've many old photos from around the area including one from around 1905 of the cows been walked up Gipsy Hill to the dairy. be good to hear from anyone from my era

Hi Andy
I'd love to see those photos of the cows coming up the hill. Would you be able to share those on VN?

#4 AndyR

AndyR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'll dig them out and get them scanned any pointers on how to get them on here?

#5 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

It's quite an art, but if you follow the steps then like IKEA furniture, it's eventually possible...

http://www.virtualno...e-to-a-vn-post/

Looking forward to seeing them.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#6 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

You can upload them from your PC to your personal VN Gallery. I tend to upload to flickr and copy the link into my VN post.

More info here: http://www.virtualno...ore&module=help

#7 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Have you got me on ignore SL? :-)

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Have you got me on ignore SL? :-)

Not a bit of it AWS - it just took me ages to find the 'help' pages! (buried at the bottom of the page)

#9 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Not a bit of it AWS - it just took me ages to find the 'help' pages! (buried at the bottom of the page)

Cheers SL, and yes I agree, the help should somehow be made a more prominent feature - perhaps a link from a thread in this "Welcome" section of the forum - as I'd never noticed it before... and looks really useful. Some time, I'll have to investigate what "change theme" and "mark community read" mean... but one can't have too much excitement in one day.

Edited by andreas, 30 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#10 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

... perhaps a link from a thread in this "Welcome" section of the forum - as I'd never noticed it before... and looks really useful....

Good idea!

#11 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Cheers SL, and yes I agree, the help should somehow be made a more prominent feature - perhaps a link from a thread in this "Welcome" section of the forum - as I'd never noticed it before... and looks really useful. Some time, I'll have to investigate what "change theme" and "mark community read" mean... but one can't have too much excitement in one day.

I use 'mark community read' every time I look at VN - helps me keep on top of the posts I've read (and those I'm not interested in reading)! I'd like more info on my 'warn status', while we're wandering off-topic...