Photo

CP Pictures present... Silent cinema with live music!

film music cinema silent cinema igor outkine battleship potemkin entertainment live music

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Crystal Palace Pictures

Crystal Palace Pictures

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Dear friends of Crystal Palace Pictures,

What a treat we have for you next. On Thursday 15 November, accordion player extraordinaire, Igor Outkine (as seen in David Cronenberg's 'Eastern Promises' and at regular recitals at the Russian Embassy) will join us to play a live musical accompaniment to the silent classic, Battleship Potemkin. Anyone who experienced Igor's improvised genius when we showed Buster Keaton's The General will know how great this is going to be.

Battleship Potemkin is one of the most famous, most visceral and most influential films of the silent era. Read more about it and see a trailer at our website.

If you only ever see one silent film, this is the one it should be. A masterpiece.” Empire.

See you at the Gipsy Hill Tavern, Thursday 15 November at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5 on the door.

Why not follow us on Twitter or on Facebook?

Cheers,

Mark
Crystal Palace Pictures

Attached Files

#2 Crystal Palace Pictures

Crystal Palace Pictures

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

One of the best cinematic experiences you can have is coming right here to Crystal Palace this Thursday evening.

Outstanding musician Igor Outkine, regular at the Russian Embassy and featured in David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, will transport us to the old Russian Empire on board the Battleship Potemkin. One of the most dramatic and influential films of its time, it still very much packs a punch.

If you've never watched a 'silent' because they're too old, too boring, too black and white... then open your mind and experience the pure joy of silent cinema with live music!

See you Thursday night, 7.30pm, at the Gipsy Hill Tavern. Tickets £5.

Mark
Crystal Palace Pictures

#3 Crystal Palace Pictures

Crystal Palace Pictures

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Join us for the magic of silent cinema and live music this Thursday evening at The Gipsy Hill Tavern. We're showing the classic 'Battleship Potemkin' and the great musician, Igor outkine.

Why not subscribe to our emails to get all the latest info right to your InBox? - eepurl.com/rKihX

See you Thursday!

Mark
Crystal Palace Pictures

#4 Crystal Palace Pictures

Crystal Palace Pictures

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I hope everyone enjoyed Igor Outkine and Battleship Potemkin as much as I did. What a night!

Don't forget, we're back in a fortnight with The Kid with a Bike. See you then!

Mark

#5 duddle

duddle

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm gutted I missed this. Are you going to organise another one?

#6 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yes please when is the next one...?

#7 Crystal Palace Pictures

Crystal Palace Pictures

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

We will definitely do more, but not until next season I'm afraid. I wish it wasn't so, but we can barely afford to do one a year, let alone two. But they are so brilliant, we'll definitely keep doing them. I really like the idea of Igor and his wife, who plays a beautiful Gipsy violin, accompanying Nosferatu next Halloween! We'll see. In the mean time, we're showing Brazil on Thursday. Hope to see you there. Mark

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Brazil is one of the best films ever made - brilliantly surreal and such great acting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

...In the mean time, we're showing Brazil on Thursday. ....

Well, you kept that quiet! Will need to scramble to try to come!

#10 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Sounds great... will have to check it out this Thursday

#11 Crystal Palace Pictures

Crystal Palace Pictures

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Well, you kept that quiet! Will need to scramble to try to come!

So glad there is so much love for Brazil. It is amazing.

You should join our mailing list! Click here - http://eepurl.com/sPC7r - scroll to the bottom and click the "Update subscription preferences" link. You should be able to add your email address. I've never actually tried this (I'm already on the list!) so do tell me if it works OK.

Cheers,

Mark
Crystal Palace Pictures

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: film, music, cinema, silent cinema, igor outkine, battleship potemkin, entertainment, live music