Photo

Queens Hotel extension - planning consultation - link?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Yes it does seem to be large groups of students being marched through on the way to CP Station - either that or standing in huge groups at the 249 bus stops at Church Rd or Anerley Hill going to or from the station. Real shame that they don't hang out in the triangle too.

I do see smaller parties too though, presumably not big student groups - maybe they partake of local delights?

#17 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

When the extension is built the first thing I'm going to do is book a room......and chuck CitM and NL in it. The simmering sexual tension is most evident .......

#18 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

When the extension is built the first thing I'm going to do is book a room......and chuck CitM and NL in it. The simmering sexual tension is most evident .......

Won’t you be to busy in the room next door with Dazza- You will have so much to catch up on ;)

P.S I want one of the new rooms if they are approved and not the manky old ones.

#19 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Nothing but the best for you NL. I'm upgrading you to a full english too..

#20 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Nothing but the best for you NL. I'm upgrading you to a full english too..

Dear Saint,

While you're at it (pun intended!) can you fix it for NL to have a room-mate upgrade, I know, I know, it's going to be tough upgrading la belle citizen but I'm sure it's within your earthly powers - Kelly Brooks perhaps??

Lots of love

citizen M

ps NL - if his Holiness cannot manage the upgrade I'll stand in for Kelly as long as we're on the fifth floor...

#21 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

What's special about the 5th floor......? :huh:

#22 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

What's special about the 5th floor......? :huh:

The views SL!

#23 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Ah..... thought there must be sunken baths and revolving beds or summat.

#24 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Top posting from Norwood Lad and SL.

What seems to be being forgotten, unless I am reading lazily, is that the proposed extension is merely rebuilding what used to be there before a fire burned it down in the 70s.

The QH is vastly better looking as a result of the owner's recent attempts at facelifts, and I applaud anyone who is willing ot invest like that in our area.

That said, I wouldn't stay there myself : too many bad reports from people I know who have.
Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#25 Magnolia

Magnolia

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

The Queens would look a lot better without the ghastly 1970's block

#26 wulfhound

wulfhound

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Love the hotel, and the tourists. Hate the parking & road safety situation it creates.

Was knocked off my bike outside there last year - fortunately the dozy muppet who hit me from behind was only doing 10mph or so. Church Road is, supposedly, one of the main routes on the London Cycle Network, but because of overspill parking from the hotel there's no room to put in bike lanes (which at the traffic speed & volume you get on Church Rd., are necessary). There's no room to ride in at the edge of the road, or for people to overtake safely.. you have to merge with 30+mph "A"-road traffic & hope for the best.

All the houses around there have generous off street parking & there's plenty for shoppers on the Triangle.. seems to me they need to replace the awful traffic islands (crap for pedestrians, crap for cyclists, not much better for drivers) with Zebras; if they removed on-street parking & central reservation there's enough space for proper cycle lanes. The council have said they can't do it because removing the parking there would be "unacceptable to residents".. but I doubt somehow it's residents' cars when the old houses have enormous driveways & the new ones have both driveways and garages.

#27 Senor Buckethead

Senor Buckethead

I'm a dedicated follower of passion

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

The Queens would look a lot better without the ghastly 1970's block

Assume the sign "Quality Hotel" came after the 70's block. I do like a nice modern addition to a period building - really good ones are quite rare, so yes ghastly it is and Quality it is not, and nor is the accommodation. And, with Quality Solicitors on the corner of Church Road/Westow Street, hasnt the area gone quality mad? Shouldn't we rename Church Road Quality Street?
(£6 a tin in Sainsburys, don't rush)
Tadpole - my favourite word

#28 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Love the hotel, and the tourists. Hate the parking & road safety situation it creates.

Was knocked off my bike outside there last year - fortunately the dozy muppet who hit me from behind was only doing 10mph or so. Church Road is, supposedly, one of the main routes on the London Cycle Network, but because of overspill parking from the hotel there's no room to put in bike lanes (which at the traffic speed & volume you get on Church Rd., are necessary). There's no room to ride in at the edge of the road, or for people to overtake safely.. you have to merge with 30+mph "A"-road traffic & hope for the best.

All the houses around there have generous off street parking & there's plenty for shoppers on the Triangle.. seems to me they need to replace the awful traffic islands (crap for pedestrians, crap for cyclists, not much better for drivers) with Zebras; if they removed on-street parking & central reservation there's enough space for proper cycle lanes. The council have said they can't do it because removing the parking there would be "unacceptable to residents".. but I doubt somehow it's residents' cars when the old houses have enormous driveways & the new ones have both driveways and garages.

Not all have enormous driveways, and many of the big houses are divided up into several flats - if each have at least one car then the driveways won't cope.

I very much agree with the idea of zebra crossings - it would slow traffic down (often aggressive nutters use Church Rd as a kind of mad mile speed wise) and make life much safer for the scores of people from the language school and Hotel that scuttle for their lives across the Church Rd.

#29 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

This long running saga finally got permission last month so an extra 24 rooms it is.

Erection of four storey front/side extension (including lower ground, ground, first and second floors) to provide an additional 24 rooms; alteration of car parking arrangement and associated landscaping works.

eWgzLup.png

#30 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Queens hotel, fresh from getting an extension approved now want to ram another 56 rooms in.

However they are proposing to get rid of the massive Banqueting function room and squeeze in 2 levels of rooms. Can’t say these will be pleasant rooms as I doubt the sound proofing would be up to scratch and all those in rooms to the right look like they will have no natural light.

Those lucky to get a room on the far wall will have a tiny slither of a upvc window to look out on that can’t be opened. This windows were recently put in as the hotel put in an application to get more natural light into the function room.

I have no problem with the hotel here as I think it’s good for the town centre but this is surely a step to far?

15/02362/LP | Removal of existing internal fittings, and the construction of internal partitions and fittings. | Queens Hotel, 122 Church Road, London, SE19 2UG

http://publicaccess....YD_DCAPR_146794

Current

fk0Yy38.png

Planned

uFtw7rd.png

96bj6dg.png