Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#32 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

This Saturday's event is advertised as an evening of music, dance and drama - no reference to worship. Starts 8pm and admission is free be interesting to see how many turn up as, the main KICC event an evening of worship is being hosted from the new Prayer Centre
http://www.kicc.org....atchnight12.pdf

Let's hope and pray that the impact of the new Prayer Centre will be smaller crowds for 25 CR - it's miles away and more suited for bulk of north and east London congregants with better transport links, dual carriage ways, not surrounded by a congested district centre or residential housing and the added bonus of shed loads of KICC parking.

#33 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image

But that's just what the bible says so we can either ignore it or interpret the whole book in a way that makes us a skip full of cash. Or rather a skip full of your cash.

So, be good Christians and blindly give us your money you gullible morons, you'll have fewer possessions but life will be sweeeeeet for all concerned. You'll be skint but things will be tickety boo. We're doing our Godly duty to make you poorer, in fact we're going to hell in a gold plated helicopter but by Christ we're going to have a whale of a time laughing ourselves stupid at you idiots on the way there. But honestly, God will love you more for it, everyone's a winner. What's not to like?

Edited by Sidney Ruff-Diamond, 26 December 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#34 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

http://newsfromcryst...inema-building/

#35 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hmmm I would love the KICC & Bromley to try and claim this event is not a religious service and therefore within the proper classification for the building as they did for the last event held here. Does anyone actually know if they have all the required licensing etc to run any events here??

http://www.kicc.org....74/default.aspx

Watchnight

The Watchnight service has long been established as the largest Christian New Year celebration in London and is by no means church as usual.

With some 12,000 people eagerly looking forward to the New Year, careful planning ensures that Watchnight is definitely an event to remember.

Guest musicians from the UK, Africa, America and Europe join the headline bill alongside Pastor Matthew who says:

"Watchnight is a time of great celebration when we gather together to thank God for the blessings and mercy we have received throughout the year. As we stand at the end of one year and look to the horizon of the New Year, we

recognize the need to speak the Word of God and see it manifest in our lives.

Watchnight is a major evangelistic event where we seek to bring as many people as we can into an intimate relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ."

Watchnight services at KICC features powerful prayer and also combine traditional and contemporary music with the vibrant cultural influences of the 46 different nations who attend regularly.

For those overseas that are unable to attend, a significant part of the service is also broadcast on selected Christian TV channels.

#36 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

"Watchnight from KICC" is showing on GOD Channel (Sky 580) on NYE from 10.30pm until 3am :ph34r:

#37 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

This event is not advertised as Watchnight NL - it is an open invite to an evening of music, dance and drama. The fact that the star acts are KICC pastors is worth flagging up but Bromley officers take the view that if it walks like a duck ie is advertised as music/dance/drama then it is within permitted use class.

I cannot find any KICC application for an entertainments licence for this event for 2,000 people. I shall follow this up with Bromley on Monday morning as there are clear repercussions for nuisance and public safety from late night noise and large crowds.

Are you in touch with anyone from PPC? I'll alert GHRA, CPCA and the Norwood Society but have crossed CoC off my list as it has been made very clear that this is an issue the Chamber does wish to be associated with as it is a non-political business networking group.

#38 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

but have crossed CoC off my list as it has been made very clear that this is an issue the Chamber does wish to be associated with as it is a non-political business networking group.

So have the Chamber of Commerce changed their policy? I recall that they have previously been very supportive of the Cinema Campaign.

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#39 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

So have the Chamber of Commerce changed their policy? I recall that they have previously been very supportive of the Cinema Campaign.

It would appear that the Chamber is supportive of the aims and ambitions of the PPC but as a non political business networking group it is unable to raise objections about KICC's use of 25 CR. I was invited to speak about the situation at next month's CoC Crime Watch event but declined as the issues around 25CR contravene planning not criminal law!

#40 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Anyone else received a flyer through their letterbox inviting them to this bash?

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#41 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thankfully not! (although we live a bit off the main drag).

#42 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

We did! And we are in deepest darkest Penge! A flier for every flat in our place.

Will we see you there, Fang? ;) Its certainly the slickest invitation we have received for New Year's so far....and the only one with even a glimmer of promise of eternal salvation. Giving it some thought...

#43 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

I do have a previous engagement but I'm sorely tempted to drop in. I can't imagine how they will get through the evening without just one teeny weeny prayer.

Just floated the idea to Mrs. Fang. It was received with a stunned silence.

#44 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Nothing down this neck of the woods!

I would imagine KICC is avoiding the Gipsy Hill area given the comments made about GHRA by KICC Chief Operating Officer, James McGlashan. Mr McGlashan was livid when South London Business CEO, Peter Pledger, withdrew as KICC keynote speaker from the event in August after GHRA made him aware of the unlawful aspect of the event he was supporting. :ph34r:

#45 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Bless .... they are really getting on my nerves!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: licensing, events, KICC, planning use, enforcement