• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan76

Dan76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Love working from home but miss the Friday night social 'wind down' to the week? Although us freelancers get to avoid the typical nine-to-five, Monday-to-Friday work week (and stressful commute), we often do it at the expense of a Friday night drink or two with colleagues.

But here's a chance to put that right.

Would any fellow freelancers in the SE19 area be interested in coming along to a 'Freelance Friday'? These have been starting up all over the UK, giving home workers the chance to pop down to their local for a few well earned drinks at the end of the working week and meet with fellow non-office based workers.

It would be an informal gathering open to any freelancers. There's already a few locals interested, and we wondered whether anyone else would be interested in joining us? And if so, any suggestions about where to meet? The Grape and Grain, Westow, that new Cuban place?

Please reply to this post if you'd be interested in coming along...

#2 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Dan76, there's a thread - and indeed a freelance friday group, though we call it a 'notworking' event ha ha - that's been going for a few years on this Forum:

http://www.virtualno...king-from-home/

Our numbers have dwindled though, so we may be up for a little merging! We've been mainly meeting in Domali (because you can get cake and coffee AND beer and cheese on toast) or the Alma (where dogs are welcome). But we're happy anywhere really. That new Cuban place looks intriguing.

Post on our thread if you like, or I'll keep an eye on here.

#3 Dan76

Dan76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hi Nanazola, that's great news! I know a couple of freelancers + dog (she'll approve of the Alma, then) that are also interested in such a group. Have you got a date for your next 'notworking' event? Like it!

#4 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Good to hear! In fact our freelance group first began around this time of year, when people were feeling a bit left out of the 'office party' atmosphere. So we always have an Xmas do, which this year is lunchtime on Sunday 9th December.(Which I must announce on our 'Lunch/coffee group' thread, I haven't done so yet with the forum being down.) Of course you and any other freelancers are welcome to join in. We haven't got a venue yet.

Anyway we'll be sorting it out on the thread I linked to earlier, so keep an eye on that.

#5 Dan76

Dan76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I'll alert my fellow freelancers and keep an eye on your thread for further
details.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Social, freelance, meet new people, work