Photo

Pierre's Bar

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this Bar! (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Please rate Pierre's Bar

1. Excellent (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Poor (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Please rate this bar and leave a comment letting members about your experience.

Bar and Tapas

25 - 27 Westow Hill, Crystal Palace

0208 670 9990
0208 761 1561

www.facebook.com/PierresBar

pierrescrystalpalace@yahoo.com

Edited by Summit Lover, 21 November 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Peered through the window - looks nice inside.

Food-wise seems to be a short menu of tapas - which is fine as long as it is fresh and well made. Anyone tried the place yet?

#3 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Looks like the Black Sheep without the sofas and cushions but with more of a pine furniture look to my philistinical eyes

#4 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Looks like the Black Sheep without the sofas and cushions but with more of a pine furniture look to my philistinical eyes

Kind of agree, having peered through the windows - but have they wallpapered? Can't recall what the walls were like.

#5 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

We had a lovely evening here tonight - very friendly and generous service (we were given free scallops as they were on the small side and a free jug of Sangria as we had ordered Tapas.

Powder blue decor, with great retro wallpaper. Good tapas, and 2 very decent bottles of wine plus 12 plates of tapas for around £70 did five of us proud. Wine was very reasonably priced so will happily go back for just a drink or several. Slight recommendation is that they could dim the lights a tad but other than that, a very welcome addition to the triangle :)

#6 Ozzie

Ozzie

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Went here on Thursday night. Very friendly staff, complimentary Tapas and nice vibe so definitely a welcome addition to the Triangle

#7 SockMonkey

SockMonkey

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

We visited on Saturday night. Where, pray, was our free jug of sangria when we ordered tapas?? In fact, where was our complimentary tapas? :(

I think it has been really nicely decorated. its very inviting-looking from the outside, too.

The staff were very friendly and bid us a cheery, "Thank you!" as we left.

Our chorizo was a bit too cool (temperature-wise, not spice-wise).

The tortilla with tomato bread was great.

Our red wine was really on the cold side.

Service at the bar was ridiculously slow, particularly as my other half was the only customer waiting to be served!

Teething troubles I'm sure.

Will return.

#8 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

I think the complimentary stuff was on first opening.

#9 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

tried it saturday evening with a friend (the pub that is) - staff were really friendly and helpful - only stayed for one but quite liked it - sgot a mixture of what looks like the old sofa thinsg and wooden tables and chairs as well as high table and stools (think Im sounding like Colin Collings here) , prices were par for the palace me thinks - only minor gripe was the kids bedroom wallpaper = 'orrid!

#10 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I think the wallpaper is fab - we admired it hugely when we visited :)

#11 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Went there last night with some friends for the first time. Turned out to be ladies night, which meant there was a special offer of "buy tow large glasses of wine, get the rest of the bottle for free". Needless to say we went for that offer! We had a lovely red wine as the lady at the bar couldn't find the wine to offer actually applied to, so we choose our own. Very nice. Served in a bit of an odd way as she completely filled to the brim the glasses emptying the entire bottle into our 3 rather middle sized glasses. But at £8,50 for a lovely bottle of red wine in a nice bar, I wasn't going to complain. :P Then some guy started to sing which was truly horrible. No idea if he could sing as the sound was so dreadful and loud you couldn't even hear what he was singing. It was just loud noise. I think my pain stroken face and fingers in my ears did the trick as he stopped after two songs. It was not very full in there, but the lady was lovely and the wine good and cheap! If the awful blue fairy light goes after Christmas, the atmosphere will be nicer too and I will be back.

#12 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Went there yesterday to meet friends at 3pm. Closed - despite the opening times being advertised at 12:00 - 11pm Tues to Sun. This is the seconed time this has happened to us here in the last couple of weeks.

Bit pee'd off with it really - would like to support it but I can't if they don't blooming open!

#13 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Just enjoyed a cup of tea here while waiting for some keys to be cut opposite. Got chatting to owners Dorcas and her daughter Ronnie (aka The Gibson Girls) and got to the bottom of the name Pierre's - the bar is named in honour of Dorcas's late husband Peter, who used to live in France! Both women were really friendly and the bar had a great ambience. SL, they apologised for not being open during your recent visits - they made the decision on the hoof to close early over Christmas when they'd had several hours with no custom! They're back to normal now and would be delighted if you'd try a third time :-)

#14 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

We were in last night :)

Not great atmosphere initially (7ish) as there were only 2 people in the place and the music was a bit loud and techno - they did turn it down when asked though and the music improved as the evening progressed to something far more bearable. Bit disappointed in the tapas menu as it seems to have shrunk and was pretty basic - the grub when it arrived was tasty though and the wines are very reasonably priced. Atmosphere improved as more people eventually drifted in.

Quite like the place but it could do with more custom and the tapas menu could be a bit more exciting.

#15 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Not quite sure.. but I've heard the bar has stopped doing Tapas... which if true is a real shame.... loved the food and really liked the concept as well.. It's a lovely bar and the owners are very nice people.. wish them all the best :-)