Photo

Casa Cuba

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this Bar? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this bar?

1. Excellent (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Good (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Average (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Had a great night at Casa Cuba Saturday, the music and atmosphere were awesome!

Ah, we were there, on the table with the very va-va-voom lady dancer in green and black vintage attire with red hair. Where were you?

#17 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ah yes, we saw the very va-va-voom lady in green dancing away... she was great!... we were on the sofa next to the band... :)

#18 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Oh, I had my back to you! I was the blonde knocking back one too many Mary Pickfords! :wacko:

#19 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Seems I missed out on a great night :(

Mind you, I was enjoying a Parisienne Soiree, knocking back the Absinthe and swinging my feather boa in the wilds of Dorset :)

Edited by Summit Lover, 03 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#20 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

:lol:

#21 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Another fab night had at Casa Cuba last night :-)

#22 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Have to say it looked very lively as we walked past on Saturday night :) People up and dancing and musicians visible in the window.

#23 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

This sounds all very interesting! Last time I tried to head for Casa Cuba in the evening was before they had their license and it was closed. Is it open every evening now? And were these special events, or just good music and atmosphere going a bit further? And is it proper cuban music? Sounds like I have to go there soon!

#24 Casacuba

Casacuba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

@ misspoddy ... we are all open every day for (Cuban) coffee time from 8 am during the week and from 9 am during the weekend. We "transform" into bar around 6 pm but you can ask for a glass of wine from 11 am. Live Music is (for now) on Saturdays only although we are working/thinking on Thursdays and Fridays. The plan is Jazz (possibly Cuban/Latin Jazz) on Fridays and maybe a soloist on Thursdays with a piano or similar. We plan to eventually open every evening except Mondays. Live Music on Saturdays is both classic (old style) and contemporary Cuban music so, yes, it is the real thing! :)
We must apologise for not having made the opening times clearer. We are working on some things including new products and improving the display of the existing ones as well as the information in general. Over the next couple of months there will be a lot of improvements as we gather feedback from our local customers. We will for example make clearer the fact that we also sell ATOL-protected holidays through www.cubadirect.co.uk and other brands. For any other questions, please e-mail us on info@casacuba.co.uk

Edited by Casacuba, 10 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#25 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for posting on here Casacuba :) Looking forward to my first visit!

#26 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

The combination of wine and a travel agency next door could prove fatal to the wallet! :lol:

#27 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

The combination of wine and a travel agency next door could prove fatal to the wallet! :lol:

Ha ha hay yes. But maybe still better than bar and tattoo parlor... :blink:

#28 Vnevah

Vnevah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Had a couple of glasses of here today and was really impressed; red wine actually served at the right temp! Going back for the live music next Saturday!

#29 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

@ misspoddy ... we are all open every day for (Cuban) coffee time from 8 am during the week and from 9 am during the weekend. We "transform" into bar around 6 pm but you can ask for a glass of wine from 11 am. Live Music is (for now) on Saturdays only although we are working/thinking on Thursdays and Fridays. The plan is Jazz (possibly Cuban/Latin Jazz) on Fridays and maybe a soloist on Thursdays with a piano or similar. We plan to eventually open every evening except Mondays. Live Music on Saturdays is both classic (old style) and contemporary Cuban music so, yes, it is the real thing! :)
We must apologise for not having made the opening times clearer. We are working on some things including new products and improving the display of the existing ones as well as the information in general. Over the next couple of months there will be a lot of improvements as we gather feedback from our local customers. We will for example make clearer the fact that we also sell ATOL-protected holidays through www.cubadirect.co.uk and other brands. For any other questions, please e-mail us on info@casacuba.co.uk

Thanks for the information Casacuba. :) .. my friends and I have really grown to love this place and your staff are just great...!!! Look forward to seeing you all again soon :)

#30 sandymail

sandymail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the information Casacuba. :) .. my friends and I have really grown to love this place and your staff are just great...!!! Look forward to seeing you all again soon :)

I agree with miss honey, the staff are great! there is one young lady who i've seen on the bar who makes a great cocktail and is very polite, she sorted out a problem with the tables straight away! also there are some great cuban dancers who I've had the pleasure to dance with.. very nice ;) I will definitely be back!