Photo

Casa Cuba

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this Bar? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this bar?

1. Excellent (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Good (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Average (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Casacuba

Casacuba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thank you all for your praise and positive feedback. Please do not hesitate either to let us if you think something is not up to your standards or you would like to see something new or done in a different way. We put a lot of thought into this but I am sure there is a lot of room for improvement. We cannot please everyone but we aim to please ... everyone! ... or just about ... ;) ... coming soon: salsa classes! ... and remember, if you fancy a holiday to Cuba or Mexico or Vietnam, give us a call on 020 7148 3042 (it is a 0207 but believe me, it comes to us ... peace and love .. CASA CUBA

#32 Edwin

Edwin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

We were there on New Years Eve and had a great time. Good cocktails, great music, a fantastic atmosphere and really friendly staff. Slightly amateur timekeeping in terms of marking the new year, but you can't have everything!

Food looked good too, we'll be back to try some.

#33 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

Popped in for the first time last Thursday afternoon. Instantly warmed to the place and want to support a new venue which the owners have put so much work into.

Yet I left annoyed... I ordered a piece of cake from the counter and an Americano. Given that these were priced at £2.50 (according to the ticket in front of the cake) and £1.75 (coffee prices on blackboard) I was surprised to be asked for £6.15. When I queried it the person serving me looked at the cake price and said the one on display was wrong and took it below counter. Something must be lost in the cultural translation because I was left feeling I was in the wrong for querying the price and there was no prospect of my bill changing. Ho hum... I'd enjoyed both items so paid up. 

Another quibble is that despite only having two cakes to choose from the people serving couldn't tell me what was in them and had to reach below counter for a bit of paper to describe the cakes. 

Minor points in the grand scheme of things and while I'll possibly return, I left feeling less than satisfied.

#34 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Blimey £6.15 is a HUGE price for a filter coffee and slice of cake. And if it was a mistake an apology would be in order. But to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps it was very new staff with maths and language issues  ^_^

#35 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

I think they must have got that wrong. There's no way a slice of cake would cost over £4. Besides, you bought the cake on the understanding that it was £2.50 and you probably wouldn't have bought it if you'd have known it would be £4.40. I think you would have been within your rights to refuse to pay the difference. 

I'm going there on Saturday night for someone's birthday so will keep an eye on the charging.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#36 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Popped in for the first time last Thursday afternoon. Instantly warmed to the place and want to support a new venue which the owners have put so much work into.

Yet I left annoyed... I ordered a piece of cake from the counter and an Americano. Given that these were priced at £2.50 (according to the ticket in front of the cake) and £1.75 (coffee prices on blackboard) I was surprised to be asked for £6.15. When I queried it the person serving me looked at the cake price and said the one on display was wrong and took it below counter. Something must be lost in the cultural translation because I was left feeling I was in the wrong for querying the price and there was no prospect of my bill changing. Ho hum... I'd enjoyed both items so paid up. 

Another quibble is that despite only having two cakes to choose from the people serving couldn't tell me what was in them and had to reach below counter for a bit of paper to describe the cakes. 

Minor points in the grand scheme of things and while I'll possibly return, I left feeling less than satisfied.

No, they are bang out of order. If they had advertised it for a farthing, in error, then that would be the price. Just hard yakka for them, not you.  I am a little bitter on the cake front, though, a I recall going there a while back, when my companion was so hungry and taken with the cake, that she ate my slice as well as hers.  :D