• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

It is with great relief and effort that the forum should now have returned, strengthened, and available to anyone who types in VirtualNorwood.com

Many of you would also hopefully have received the email alert notifying you about the ongoing issues with the software and security although my estimated time of recovery was out. Without going into all the details, there was an attack on the site which most likely was an automated attack by someone who was just looking to take over and redirect web traffic or embed hidden files to cause disruption later - it isn't necessarily anyone who is a member of the website or anyone who knows anything about VN.

The VN lights have been flickering the last couple of days, but today the lights are on (hopefully they'll stay that way).

I'll have to schedule some time in a few weeks to make a few other updates too - but that will be planned and announced maintenance.

Apologies for this and thanks for your patience and support. As I said in the recent email, it's times like this that many of us realise just how precious VN is.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at 

#2 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Thank you very much Matt, precious indeed and obviously we all missed our regular VN fix. In fact I've just noticed about an hour has passed while I've been catching up with posts! Can't seem to post in the usual way though ...?
aka Pie

#3 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Some helpful advice here: http://www.virtualno..._30#entry135400

All to do with cookies and caches.

#4 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

My ability to post has returned. For a few days my replies just disappeared.