Photo

Blair's On The Hill

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Good (1 votes [25.00%])

3. Average (1 votes [25.00%])

4. Poor (1 votes [25.00%])

Vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:05 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Blair's On The Hill
10 Knights Hill, West Norwood, SE27 0NR

Open Tuesday to Wednesday 9am-6pm
Open Thursday to Saturday 9am-5pm, 7-11pm
Open Sunday 11am-5pm
Closed Monday

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 426 7242

#2 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:11 PM

I think this place is gradually improving. I was a bit underimpressed initially by the overly loud music and a complete incomprehension re the concept of vegetarianism. (A negative reply to "Does she eat fish?" elicited the response "Oh, so she's vegan then."!)

I just had lunch there today. (I'm not one to give up on a place, especially when we have so few eateries in WN). They now have a vegetarian menu almost as big as their meaty one, and very nice the food was too. The service was also friendly and prompt too.

It's a really nice place to sit, over looking the church, especially on a sunny weekend morning. So let's hope it's a success...
Rachel
My link

#3 Knights Hiller

Knights Hiller

• Sponsors
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Got the bus past Blair's at the weekend and it looks like the place has now closed down.

Does anyone know any more?

#4 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

I would concur that it looks closed.

Never went there myself but know people that had and said it was good.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#5 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

Oh that's a shame if it has. It was one of the few decent places to go for a coffee in WN, although I only went there once. Another nail in the coffin that is West Norwood.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#6 iclipper

iclipper

Former WN'er....

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

It was one of the few decent places to go for a coffee in WN, although I only went there once.

Sorry to say but we only have ourselves to blame - You have only been once and I have been 'meaning to go' for ages. Without our support businesses will not be able to stay open - so technically we are the people banging the nails into the coffin by not utilising the good things that we do have.

#7 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

Whenever I've been past it's not been open. I think they missed a trick while Film on Thurs was running as it would have been a great place to meet friends before going to the film. FOT didn't open the bar until 7pm and so we always had to trek down to Lancaster's if we got to WN early. Blair's could have had our custom if only they had opened earlier in the evening. It's near the train station so perfect if you live in WN and want a drink on the way home. However, they will have missed the custom of anyone who arrived home on the train before 7pm.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#8 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:04 PM

Sorry to say but we only have ourselves to blame - You have only been once and I have been 'meaning to go' for ages. Without our support businesses will not be able to stay open - so technically we are the people banging the nails into the coffin by not utilising the good things that we do have.

I know, I know but in fairness I don't actually live in West Norwood, I live in Gipsy Hill. I only popped in once on my way to the builders merchant store and haven't had much reason to go there since as I don't visit WN High street. I do use my local shops/bars/cafe's though and agree that if shops are not used then there is no point in moaning when they shut down.

It's still a shame though B)
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#9 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:20 PM

Well, I do live in West Norwood and used to go past it all the time, but it only ever appeared to be open during the day - not overly useful for a lot of us. Saturdays used to be busy, but I think they really missed a trick not opening in the evenings, perhaps offering pre-cinema and pre-theatre treats.

#10 iclipper

iclipper

Former WN'er....

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

I know, I know but in fairness I don't actually live in West Norwood, I live in Gipsy Hill. I only popped in once on my way to the builders merchant store and haven't had much reason to go there since as I don't visit WN High street. I do use my local shops/bars/cafe's though and agree that if shops are not used then there is no point in moaning when they shut down.

It's still a shame though B)

Sorry - didn't mean to sound like I was having a go