• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AndyR

AndyR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

A few big families I can remember from my era in the mid 60s to mid 70s living on Gipsy Hill are the Rooneys who I gather are still about the Macgillcuddies who I seem to remember they lived on Salters hill sadly I remember one of their offspring was killed by a car on Salters hill a few more names if anyone knows what happened to them are The Scofields from Victoria crescent The Wicoskis from Beardell street The Christmas family from Gipsy Hill they had two daughters and lived just up from the chip shop The Golly family from Jasper road The Delahunty family they had two children Mario and Dawn another few names that would now be aged around 50 and these are obviously maiden names are Angela Lovelace Corline Glave Jane Cox Alan Whitehead Leo Foure
One bit of info I got going back he other way is The church on Gipsy Hill the vicars surname was Tennant they had two sons Peter and Mark. Peter now lives and works with my wife occasionally in Cheltenham and the surrounding area I did meet his father a few years ago when they were visiting Peter actually taught our eldest son when he was at secondary school and it was a pure fluke that Peter said he went to school in London etc and my son asked him where and it all came out needless to say we met up and had a trip back down memory lane in the pub he was in the year above me at Paxton