• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Has anyone got any experience, advice or tips in relation to building a roof terrace on top of an existing one storey extension?

Note that:
  • Ground floor flat agrees
  • There are other old terraces in the road
  • The terrace will face the garden adn will be screened (I know how people are concerned with privacy issues)
  • Other neighbours have 2 storey extensions with windows directly overlooking the garden
  • There will be a staircase into the garden (split into 2 parts)
I am concerned about planning permission and the likelihood that Lambeth might oppose it
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#2 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Need more info LSPE can advise you on the regs etc but not on how to deal with pain in the ass neighbours

Ring me on 07970194116
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#3 tekton23

tekton23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hi,

This really depends on how many properties the terrace might overlook. It is possible to present an argument for the terrace using directional screening. Another consideration is if the existing roof can take the new load.

T23

#4 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Start using the space now informally if it is possible to do so, get the neighbours accustomed to you being up there and gauge the response. If the response is okay you could then say to the planners at a later date that you have been using it for a while without any problems or objections. Or just build it up very very gradually and hope no one notices!! :ph34r: