#1 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

http://www.allinlond.../1157/68770.php

My folks have been using this place for years, great service, meat and sausages are top notch... a PROPER butcher's shop. They'd have customers queueing round the block if they halved the quality, doubled their prices and moved to Dulwich.
People on this board are crying out for places like this, well they exist - use or lose it.
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#2 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

http://www.allinlond.../1157/68770.php

My folks have been using this place for years, great service, meat and sausages are top notch... a PROPER butcher's shop. They'd have customers queueing round the block if they halved the quality, doubled their prices and moved to Dulwich.
People on this board are crying out for places like this, well they exist - use or lose it.

Great if you live in S. Norwood!

#3 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Sorry - I must be an idiot to assume VirtualNorwood might be aimed at people in Norwood.

I used to pass a shop like this in Sydenham every day. The local forum was full of people who insisted on going to Dulwich for their meat and were constantly whining about lack of local quality butchers. When I pointed out they had one on their doorstep some of them made excuses that there was no parking, it was out of their way or was just at the wrong end of the High Street. It was 300 bloody yards from the Dolphin which they gushed about and had no problem getting to.

It closed and moved to Dulwich.

Edited by Sidney Ruff-Diamond, 13 December 2012 - 09:41 PM.

Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#4 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

VN Is for all the Norwoods - as I said, great if you live in S Norwood :)

Not massively into meat personally, but I know I am in the minority.

#5 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yep, good shop that, but as you can see from the other butcher related thread, people would love one up CP too...
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#6 Eva_O2

Eva_O2

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yep, I use this butchers and they're good... I go out of my way to use them. I also buy the local Woodside Honey (that you're not going to get in Sainsbury's or Tescos) Probably more oftern than I buy meat.

I have noticed the other thread but it seems that this would get swallowed up/buried in the posts talking about Crystal Palace.