• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Emmalina

Emmalina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

Hi there - Can anyone recommend a local dog-sitter who could look after my hound for a week, ideally in their home? Or amy good boarding kennels in South London?

#2 Amanda1

Amanda1

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:56 PM

When are you away?

#3 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

Can anyone recommend an occasional dog sitter, either in own home or theirs, for a very old well behaved mongrel? Dog and owner live in South Norwood just off Portland Road.

#4 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hi there,

I would just like to recommend Anya. - her ad and details are below which i nicked from another site. but our jack russell stayed with anya for a long weekend in June and had a fab time. lots of exercise anyas two dogs for company and i also received regular texts to update me on how he was doing. had such a great time that he was not even too bothered to see me when she dropped him off.

Hello,

I would like to offer dog walking, puppy sitting and dog boarding services to you. I have several clients in the Dulwich/Crystal Palace park area and can provide exceptional references. My rates are competative and reasonable. I have 25 years experience in caring for dogs and their welfare. I offer you peace of mind and do not walk more then 2 dogs at the time. I take this job very seriously and whilst I am running a business I am first and foremost dog lover and as such would never compromise the safety of your beloved pooch.
For more information please go to my web side www.sniffnwag.co.uk
Regards

Anya

#5 thedot

thedot

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hi
We are going away for 3 weeks to in a few months time and we are unable to take our little dog with us. If anyone knows of a reliable perspon/couple who might like to look after her then please message me. We need her to go home without any other pets or children. She is non moulting and very well behaved. We need to have a recommendation from someone.
Thanks and Happy New Year.

Edited by thedot, 01 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#6 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I can thoroughly recommend Ian from 'Crystal Palace Animals at Home' - details below. Friendly, reliable, professional service, clearly cares about animals and very competitively priced.

www.crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk,
email: info@crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk
or call Ian on 07815561291

#7 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

That's a useful contact.

Thank you.
Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#8 DogDayCare06

DogDayCare06

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hello,

One of my clients told me about your post this morning. They could not recommend as they couldn't sign in but my name is Crystal and I run the Crystal Palace Dog Day Care/ Barkingham Palace. I do offer boarding and I have cared for Dogs that do not like to be around others. In a situation like this, the Dog will stay at home alone while I open the creche and then once my staff arrive I go back home to walk/ feed and spend time with them. I often pop back to my centre for a few hours after that before returning home for the rest of the Day. I am fully insured with plenty of recommendations and you are always more than welcome to pop down to the centre to see what I do and/ or visit me in my own home which is 3 minutes walk from the Day Care.

Hope this helps. :-)

Crystal

#9 RetiredMember2

RetiredMember2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hello,

One of my clients told me about your post this morning. They could not recommend as they couldn't sign in but my name is Crystal and I run the Crystal Palace Dog Day Care/ Barkingham Palace. I do offer boarding and I have cared for Dogs that do not like to be around others. In a situation like this, the Dog will stay at home alone while I open the creche and then once my staff arrive I go back home to walk/ feed and spend time with them. I often pop back to my centre for a few hours after that before returning home for the rest of the Day. I am fully insured with plenty of recommendations and you are always more than welcome to pop down to the centre to see what I do and/ or visit me in my own home which is 3 minutes walk from the Day Care.

Hope this helps. :-)

Crystal

Hey DDC - your business sounds well doggy! Welcome to VN and look forward to hearing your shaggy dog stories, how to teach an old dog new tricks and more!

Sounds like Barkingham Palace would be a great place for thedot's pooch : ))

#10 DogDayCare06

DogDayCare06

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hey DDC - your business sounds well doggy! Welcome to VN and look forward to hearing your shaggy dog stories, how to teach an old dog new tricks and more!

Sounds like Barkingham Palace would be a great place for thedot's pooch : ))

Hello,

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I will look forward to being part of VN and getting more involved in the local community :-)

Crystal

#11 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Mod's Note

Above few posts moved from Dot's query in News and Local Issues to keep all recommendation in one area.

#12 MrsCunningham

MrsCunningham

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ive used Home from Home twice now. Absolutely fantastic and I think cheaper than kennels. Its £22 per day in total - you pay a deposit with the company and pay the rest to the carers.

It also includes insurance should anything happen to your pup while away.

you fill out a form to describe your dog etc and then they talk to you by phone to go through any details.

http://www.homefromh...s-home-boarding

They basically hire dog lovers and the dogs go and live with them while you are away. You get to visit the people who look after your pooch in advance to see what they are like and if they like your dog. You can tell straight away if the dog is going to like them.

We just got our staffie back from a couple yesterday after the Xmas break. They loved him and he really bonded with them. You can ask for the same people again and again or if they are booked they will find another carer for you. We had another lady in september and our boy got 4 walks a day, came back fit as a fiddle and very happy [I dont think he wanted to come home!!].

The people are genarally retired or work p/t or work at home. They have usually owned dogs in the past but this also allows them to have dogs but the convenience of not having one full time so it works really well for everyone involved, especially the dog.

You supply the food etc and they do the rest.

Cant recommend them enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dog, reliable, holiday, doglover