#17 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

A bit of an slr legacy if you were

Is this an anagram, Saint? :blink: :P

Blimey, I'm not only dim but short-sighted – I read that as 'an SIR' not 'an SLR', hence bamboozlement! Is there a blue plaque to you on the G&G fence? Actually, great idea for a thread :lol:

#18 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Sorry to be a kiljoy on this one but I still prefer the original 'New openings/ new closing' thread. Has to be one of the most sucsesfull threads on this forum.

I would agree.

The new thread contradicts itself by stating that it will refer to new openings/closings 2013 but then lists occurrences from 2012 which is a tad confusing. The previous thread was long, but it kept all news neatl in one place rather than segmenting off into differing years.

#19 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I don't feel that strongly either way but I like the summary of what happened last year in each area. Happy to repin the old one and close this one if people really don't like the new version.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#20 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Could we perhaps add the recent posts to the old one if so, as a clean slate with which to start 2013?

#21 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I would agree.

The new thread contradicts itself by stating that it will refer to new openings/closings 2013 but then lists occurrences from 2012 which is a tad confusing. The previous thread was long, but it kept all news neatl in one place rather than segmenting off into differing years.

It gives a summary of what happened in 2012 to which people can then compare with what has yet to happen in 2013. If you do it every year it is a good overview of what is actually happening in CP.

Jeez what a palaver- If people would prefer to trawl through a hundred pages of mostly old news spread over a number of years to try and find a bit of info amongst all the off topic posts then fine by me unpin away. Silly me just thought maybe some people would prefer to see what has happened within a certain time frame to you know maybe see how the town centres doing.

Maybe I should have added a poll to so people could have debated the merits and disadvantages of starting a new thread and who gets naming rights to a thread ;)

#22 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I ♥ your new thread, NL :)

#23 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

It gives a summary of what happened in 2012 to which people can then compare with what has yet to happen in 2013. If you do it every year it is a good overview of what is actually happening in CP.

Jeez what a palaver- If people would prefer to trawl through a hundred pages of mostly old news spread over a number of years to try and find a bit of info amongst all the off topic posts then fine by me unpin away. Silly me just thought maybe some people would prefer to see what has happened within a certain time frame to you know maybe see how the town centres doing.

Maybe I should have added a poll to so people could have debated the merits and disadvantages of starting a new thread and who gets naming rights to a thread ;)

Your further explanation helps (sarcasm aside), and I am happy to go with the flow.

Mind you, considering VN's poor search engine (which I have no control over before anyone asks!) it may be difficult in years to come to find previous years to compare.

Let's see how it goes.

Edited to add, this is a forum for all the Norwoods and surrounding areas so the focus needs to be opened up somewhat from the triangle - here's hoping some from South and West Norwood, Penge etc. contribute as time goes on.

Edited by Summit Lover, 04 January 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#24 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Due back in CP today after a week in Dorset - pulling a topic from the last thread to this one, has anything (presumably Poundland from the rumours) moved into the old Blockbuster in the triangle while we have been away? A huge amount of re-fitting seemed to be taking place before Christmas.

#25 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

friends of CP subway (@cpsubway) tweeted at 11:02 AM on Fri, Jan 04, 2013:

There's a few empty properties in the triangle and we don't have a falafel bar yet? Anyone want to start a business. http://t.co/Afmup63z
(https://twitter.com/...151963974549507)

#26 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Due back in CP today after a week in Dorset - pulling a topic from the last thread to this one, has anything (presumably Poundland from the rumours) moved into the old Blockbuster in the triangle while we have been away? A huge amount of re-fitting seemed to be taking place before Christmas.

The shopfitters/ builders are back in working. I managed to catch them tonight as they were leaving and they confirmed that it is going to be a Poundland.
No idea when it is due to open though.

#27 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

The shopfitters/ builders are back in working. I managed to catch them tonight as they were leaving and they confirmed that it is going to be a Poundland.
No idea when it is due to open though.

such a shame. I really fancied a falafel restaurant.....

#28 thekraken

thekraken

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I wish it was Nando's. I like a bit of dirty chicken every now and then.

#29 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

In the chicken pecking order Nando's are top of the pile!

Chicken Cottage, <insert US state> Friend Chicken

K F C

Nando's
Love The Triangle...

#30 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Proof is in the pudding now, the sign is half complete and looks like it will take up most of the side window.

Posted Image