Photo

Passage To India

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Good (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Average (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. Poor (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:49 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Passage To India
232 Gipsy Road, London SE27 9RB
Open Monday to Saturday 12pm-2pm and 5.30pm-12am
Open Sunday 12pm-5.30pm and 5.30pm-12am
Open Bank Holidays

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1438
Fax: not available

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 pixxsieduste

pixxsieduste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

:angry: The Worst! takeaway ever... the portion of 'lamb curry with extra lamb' was 2 spoonsful, the rest was all juice....(for £4.20-what a waste..) We were then told that we hadn't requested extra lamb.. When we phoned them, the guy noy only was very offensive, but he refused any compensation and then slammed down the phone on me.... Its the attitude thats the worst... Terrible place - if you want a decent meal don't order from here!! (Delivery time was also over an hour for a Wednesday night...)

Chey

#3 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

This is amazing! I have used this restaurant many times and never had a bad meal. On Saturday night we ordered a take away and it arrived very promptly. I had an unusual vegetarian meal with lots of tasty veg (not mush as is often the case) and my other half had a chicken bhuna. Both were delicious with so much left over, I had the rest for lunch today - despite the heat!
aka Pie

#4 Taverndwellers

Taverndwellers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

Passage to India

We are surprised with some of the reviews this restaurant has received. We have been using it for some time and have found both the quality of the food and the standard of service to be exceptional.

The staff are very friendly and you are always guaranteed of a warm welcome. The prices are reasonable (especially for the wine) and the portion sizes are enormous. The extensive menu also ensures that there is always something new to try.

We highly recommend this restaurant!

Taverndwellers :D

#5 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

This restaurant is building an outside seating area like all the other restaurants on Gipsy Road. Not sure if it is to do with the smoking ban coming in or if it is tarting itself up in light of the recent arrival of the Indian Dining Club. Though as they have painted the outside too maybe it is the latter. Hope they do a good job of it as I think these outside areas make the street nice to look at.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com