Photo

What do you REALLY want in CRYSTAL PALACE?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 jobytc77

jobytc77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm aware that Good Taste sells craft ales and quality wine but I'd love to see something similar to these shops in Fulham and Putney respectively:

http://www.thebeerboutique.co.uk/

http://drinkoffulham.com/

#32 jobytc77

jobytc77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

And thinking about it can we have a Bavarian sausage stall which also sells quality beers, coffee and gluhwein. On a recent trip to Nurnberg we went to one each day. The locals used it for breakfast, lunch and simply a place to stop, catch-up and enjoy a beer/gluhwein. The space on Westow Street between SE19 and the hairdresser would be ideal. No doubt it would fall foul of our ludicrous licensing laws.

The triangle doesn't really need more eateries but I'd like to see a decent old fashioned chippy with laminate tables serving quality northern style fish and chips with scraps mushy peas and gravy (a rare thing in London) with steaming hot mugs of tea.

Oh and maybe somewhere to hire vintage films. I'd like to see All the President's Men but short of joining a Love Film equivalent you're stuck these days. Living in the past maybe...

#33 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

You can probably borrow it from UN library...
aka Pie

#34 pupkin

pupkin

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

A decent chippy would be good.

Also a Malaysian restaurant and maybe a Keralan/South Indian/Sri Lankan one.

#35 tfk

tfk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Having lived in Tooting virtually all my life and now living in Crystal Palace I really miss the variety of fruit and veg I used to get in Tooting.  The boxes of mangos they sell in the summer are sublime.  Quality butchers and fishmongers where you know where the products are sourced from would go down a treat. I love to cook from scratch and have to go elsewhere to source meat, fish, spices, herbs and other ingredients.  I prefer to buy locally and support the independent shops where I live.

#36 BlueBottle

BlueBottle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Cinema (that's a no brainer), more live music events in the bowl and  I know Wife would love to see quality butchers

#37 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Living in Beckenham I've come to quite like the cook shop we have down here called the Kitchen Range. I think that could do well in CP
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#38 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

I love cook shops so it could be very dangerous on my pocket having one in CP. Nice idea though.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#39 SamEoh

SamEoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I completely agree with tfk, it's nice that we've finally got the farmers market, but a permanent fruit/veg stand would be fantastic near each of the stations - there is plenty of room in front of Crystal Palace. 

#40 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

Mmm, I know that shop in Beckenham.  I'd like to see one in CP too.

#41 KrisDD

KrisDD

The Penge Tourist Board

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

You could always start up a restaurant in Penge and be full most evenings! The lack of restaurants here us much lamented and one Italian that opened fairly recently is continually packed. U suppose the rent this way might be favourable as well

However if your heart is set on CP then your idea is a lovely one and if love to try Peruvian food at sensible prices.

#42 becks

becks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

A local greengrocers, fishmongers, cheese shop and a butchers and a  gorgeous cookshop to complement them all please.     

I also think an Oliver Bonas and a Neals Yard would not go amiss!

#43 Trux

Trux

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

A local greengrocers, fishmongers, cheese shop and a butchers and a  gorgeous cookshop to complement them all please.     

I also think an Oliver Bonas and a Neals Yard would not go amiss!

The fishmongers on Penge High St. is pretty decent. Just a skip and a hop and a short bus journey from CP.