Photo

Cafe Ricco De Carlo

Cafe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this Restaurant? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this Restaurant?

1. Excellent (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 voodoo

voodoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Hi Summit :-)
Ok, here are a few details.

Cafe Ricco De Carlo
61 Anerley Road
Phone: 07881 204679
Opening Times
Mon to Fri: 9-00 am to 9-00 pm
Sat: 9-30 am to 9-00 pm
Sun: 10-00 am to 6 pm.

The cafe is in Anerley Road, next door to Dreadz Hairdressers, and almost directly opposite the Hamlet Road/Anerley Road intersection.

I've walked past many times since it opened a couple of years ago, but never went in. A few weeks back a friend invited myself and my partner to join him for dinner there, and so we went.
It had been under new management for about 3 months, and was now run by a lovely Brazilian husband and wife. The menu consists of mostly Brazilian dishes, but their main dish is their Brazilian hamburgers, and they're BIG, a meal on their own. Bit too big for me at least to pick them up so if you ask they will give you a knife and fork.
I usually have mine with a side order of chips, more fries really, and non greasy which is nice.

I'm not much of a restaurant sit down meal type of person, never have been, and having had a Hiatus Hernia in my chest for 13 years now, I have to be very careful in general as regards to what I eat. Too much, or the wrong thing, and it's agony for about 5 hours, so I'm careful.
So I thought hang it all, I'll try one of their hamburgers on my friends recommendation, as he himself is an excellent chef and knows what he's talking about.

Blimey, absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't bloated at all after which often happens, just comfortably full and I got through the whole burger.
They have about 10 or 12 different burgers, all burger based, but with different fillings, and all fresh meat. Just fantastic.
My partner and I were there again last night, and that's now, I think, 9 visits in a row, and that's really saying something for me.
I'll NEVER eat a McDonalds or the like again lol, not after this.

It's only a small cafe with the usual coffees, teas, etc, and this lovely Brazilian soft drink they sell, Guarana, among others.
I've not really tried their other meals to any great extent as I'm hooked on the burgers, but I would highly recommend the cafe to anybody.
I've also taken a couple of friends over and now their hooked as well lol.
Lovely food, good prices, lovely folk running the place, and a very nice and friendly atmosphere.

I would like to suggest that you try it for yourself just to see what you think.

Many thanks Summit :-)))))))))))))

Voodoo.

#2 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Cafe Ricco De Carlo

If you have used it, please rate this cafe via the topic poll - thank you!

61 Anerley Road
Phone: 07881 204679

Opening Times
Mon to Fri: 9-00 am to 9-00 pm
Sat: 9-30 am to 9-00 pm
Sun: 10-00 am to 6 pm.

#3 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Could you correct the typo in the thread heading (should be Ricco), SL? It used to be run by a very pleasant lady called Gisele who sold the traditional custard tarts - I imagine they still do, as they're so popular! I'm not keen on the new appearance, personally, but can't fault the friendliness and helpfulness of the family I presume to be the new owners, who helped me get an urgent message to a fellow trader on not one but two occasions without complaint! :)

#4 Diamandakis

Diamandakis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Good taste this coffee
I may have another tomorrow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cafe