Photo

Renting issues; Have I dont the correct thing?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DogDayCare06

DogDayCare06

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hello,

My landlord is a company and sent a letter saying they would be closed from x Date until 3rd Jan.

On Sunday 6th Jan I tried to call the "emergency number" that was given to tenants to call over Xmas about a problem with my toilet. There was no answer so I sent an email asking about outstanding work etc etc. At the end in a sort and clear paragraph I explained the toilet is full of tissue that will not go down. I must add that my partner has a plumbing and heating company and when our toilet was regularly blocking, he identified the problem (something to do with waste and levels) he told there plumber but no one has since one anything. At the time we reported it the toilet was not currently blocked, mainly due to my partner constantly unblocking it.

Anyway, Friday the tissue stopped flushing and I tried to call then emailed.

No response yesterday afternoon from email so I emailed again. No response by today so I called the main offices and explained I had been emailing and that I also had an urgent problem. I noticed their main builder had tried to call me that morning. I called the builder back who said they had told him about my email and told me when he would be coming to fix rotting wood under bath, leaking taps etc. Hes not a plumber and no mention of toilet.

Its not nearly 4pm Tuesday and I haven't had any acknowledgement from them about my emails or a call from a plumber. I only know they read my emails because the builder was told about it this morning, nice of them ay!

I have emailed them just now explaining that as I cannot just assume they have acknowledged the blocked toilet issue and are sorting the problem, I have arranged my own plumber to take care of the problem and I will send them the invoice for it.

Have I acted fairly and correctly in dealing with this issue??

ANY advise please :-) Many thanks.