• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Peter GLA

Peter GLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

As a rewards for our all efforts, is there any chance you could you the vast resources at the GLA to find out who actually owns the Cambridge on the corner of Church Rd ;)

Well if I hear anything I'm allowed to pass on I'll certainly let you know, but the majority of planning issues are dealt with by the borough councils so the GLA wouldn't normally be involved in something like The Cambridge.

#32 kyleweb

kyleweb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

done :) 

#33 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Done, but the question of which pub would, or do you go to was a bit silly, as I go to quite a few and therefore am unable to devote all my time to one particular one!!

#34 Peter GLA

Peter GLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Done, but the question of which pub would, or do you go to was a bit silly, as I go to quite a few and therefore am unable to devote all my time to one particular one!!

Yes I understand. I couldn't find a way of being more subtle wiithout having a survey with so many questions I thought it would be off-putting!

#35 MiniFox

MiniFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

done!

#36 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yes I understand. I couldn't find a way of being more subtle wiithout having a survey with so many questions I thought it would be off-putting!

Done - but I agree with the other poster that I go to a range of pubs, not just one even though one (Grape and Grain) is my regular place.  

#37 Peter GLA

Peter GLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Thank you all for taking part in the survey.

I'm just bumping this in case there is anyone else you can forward the link onto. I'm going to take the survey down and collate the responses starting Friday week (15th) so any more feedback before then would be great.

#38 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thank you all for taking part in the survey.

I'm just bumping this in case there is anyone else you can forward the link onto. I'm going to take the survey down and collate the responses starting Friday week (15th) so any more feedback before then would be great.

It would probably be an idea for you to post a thread on the main news page as you would get a bigger response as this part of the forum is a bit out the way and often overlooked by many.

#39 GipsyHillTavernGezza

GipsyHillTavernGezza

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Done, where was Gipsy Hill Tavern and TWENTY-FIVE in the survey?

#40 Peter GLA

Peter GLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sorry GipsyHillTavernGezza! I had to draw the line somewhere (geographically speaking). The Railway Bell snuck in even though it's a bit off the Triangle, but the GHT is quite a detour down the hill.

I thought Twenty Five had been reborn as Pierre's Bar?

#41 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

No, Twenty Five is next door to Pierre's.  Pierre's used to be the Black Sheep, and Twenty Five used to be Guatama.  

#42 Peter GLA

Peter GLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Well in that case I dropped a bit of a clanger as I think The Black Sheep was one of my options. I honestly did do a walkaround of the Triangle to double check the names, I'm not sure how I got it wrong. Apologies to anyone who's favourite bar wasn't on the list, but the the survey wasn't meant to be a popularity contest, it was more about why people went where and whether people considered themselves to have one "local", as well as a chance to gather opinions.

#43 Peter GLA

Peter GLA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thank you all again for your help. The report has been published this week and you can download it at http://glaconservati.../keeping-local/

The CP survey was very helpful in providing an illustration of an area with multiple pubs where many are seen as hubs for the community - and thank you all for your comments, some of which are quoted in the report. Obviously the survey wasn't designed as a popularity contest but for those who are interested, the pub most of you would go to for a pint is....The Grape and Grain.

#44 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi Peter,

Would be great if the GLA Conservatives could look into How to Save our local D2 buildings in particular Cinemas as community resources rather than being converted into churches via planning or back door means. As demonstrated by EMD Cinema Campaign in Walthamstow and our own Campaign here in Crystal Palace to Save 25 Church Road.

Good local independent cinemas are excellent community hubs and also key drivers for social, economic, environmental and cultural regeneration.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and that of Cllr. Steve O'Connell.