• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 Telly Tyke

Telly Tyke

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

thank goodness someone put water on that fire - it was out of control at one point. Like I said - i was probably just making the deli thing up, Youre very demanding KDD!

#32 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

The Kent House would be perfect - it's on the borders of Penge, Beckenham and Sydenham and has a lot of very nice roads on its doorstep as well as small blocks of social housing.  However it would take a good six months of heavy losses to convince anyone that it had changed from the place it currently is to a place offering good ale and food.

#33 Telly Tyke

Telly Tyke

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Give it time and it will happen right? If there's enough people living here for the Bridge House etc to keep going others will follow.

...and theres three of us on here who want it. If we were dedicated enough and became full time full blown alcoholics it would help.

#34 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

...and theres three of us on here who want it. If we were dedicated enough and became full time full blown alcoholics it would help.

That's the spirit!  

Actually I'm being selfish, it's almost literally on my doorstep.

#35 KrisDD

KrisDD

The Penge Tourist Board

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am demanding. It's been said before. Now where's my new pub with everything I like included?

#36 Telly Tyke

Telly Tyke

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

haha.....so a demanding alcohlics society, when do we have out meetings? Oh yes, every night in the pub! haha. So KDD whens your moving in date? I imagine the area will prepare bunting etc

#37 KrisDD

KrisDD

The Penge Tourist Board

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm in TT! And the Weatherspoons is actually not bad for a quick pint. I went with a friend last night and its got a great range of ales.

#38 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm in TT! And the Weatherspoons is actually not bad for a quick pint. I went with a friend last night and its got a great range of ales.

Usually about 12-14 on at any time.

#39 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

You guys may want to know that he Bridge House has converted a part of the upstairs into a theatre. They are going to do some cabaret on 25th May, with Rachel Tucker. Her old man is apparently a producer and at some stage they will do serious stuff. Now, is that moving up or what?

#40 GillyMS

GillyMS

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

Now that IS interesting!

#41 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Now that IS interesting!

I got this from the little SE20 Community Mag.

They say it will hold 50 people which is the same as the Brockley Jack Theatre (which, the man who runs it, Karl, tells me, operates with no subsidy). They are planning suppwe nights, comedy nights, cabarets and tribute acts. They can have it as a small auditorium, or be set in the round.

Tickets and more info can be got from :

rachelkelly81@hotmail.com        who is, I suspect, this Rachel Tucker. whom I have never heard of, but who has, apparently, been playing in 'Wicked' for three years. I was v pleased -childishly so - to see that there is a door in the pub marked 'Theatre'  They are talking about the West End meeting Penge West, and if they do it right, the transport links should make it easier than the Jack, which just has a bus go by.   Roll on Ibsen...,

#42 KrisDD

KrisDD

The Penge Tourist Board

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Ooh! This is great news! A theater for Penge!!

Has anyone noticed a fish and chip shop being built on the high street and one on Maple Road? That seems overkill on the fish and chips! Not sure what to think of it really.

#43 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Ooh! This is great news! A theater for Penge!!

Has anyone noticed a fish and chip shop being built on the high street and one on Maple Road? That seems overkill on the fish and chips! Not sure what to think of it really.

Obviously your move has had a galvanising effect on the place. ^_^  You know that they also do music nights at the Bluebelle?

#44 KrisDD

KrisDD

The Penge Tourist Board

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Ha! I would of thought me moving into the area would of driven people away! No, I didn't know they did music nights at the Bluebelle! What a great piece of news! Have they got a website?

#45 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Ha! I would of thought me moving into the area would of driven people away! No, I didn't know they did music nights at the Bluebelle! What a great piece of news! Have they got a website?

I don't think there is a web-site. There owner, Erica, has a mailing list.

This is the last email I got:

'Hello again!

Glad to be back after a short break in the schedule and happy to announce that we have Stevie Smith as special guest. Stevie is a veteran performer of the blues genre, a great harp player and a beautiful voice. Pacifico Blues will be hosting the evening as well backing Stevie during his performance.

Spanish tapas will be served over the course of the evening and we advise you to book early as space is limited.

Date: Saturday 1st June
Doors: 7.30 - 11.30
Tickets: Band room 30.00 / Bedouin tent 25.00
Seats: Allocated

Please bring a bottle or two and we look forward to sharing an evening of relaxation, beautiful music and delicious food with you.

Hope to see you there!

Erica
Blue Belle Cafe'