• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Select English London

Select English London

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Select English London , 144 Church Rd , Crystal Palace , London SE19 2NT 0208 653 2785

Is your organisation interested in participating in an Anglo-Austrian job shadowing programme ?

Select English London in Crystal Palace is hosting a group of 16-18 year old Austrian high school students who are in London for a week of English language tuition including business & marketing . As part of their programme they are each required to complete 2 afternoons of job shadowing at a suitable local business , organisation or charity.

The placements will take place on the afternoons of 10th & 12th April 2013.

For more details and to express an interest please call Steve Mann on 020 8653 2785  email steve.mann@selectenglish.co.uk     

#2 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Um, I'm not in a position to offer any placements so apologies for sticking my oar in, but... you've left it a bit late haven't you? Have you been let down at the last minute?

Anyway I hope you get some takers. It doesn't give a great impression to the next generation of European businesspeople, if it appeared that nobody in our bit of London was proud to show them their business or could be bothered to help out. I'm sure that's not the case, anyway. We've got LOADS of entrepreneurially minded businesses in the Palace. You could also try posting on http://www.facebook....talpalacelocal/ to widen the net. 

And again, forgive me, but it might be as well to express it in terms of 'We'd really appreciate the chance to showcase local businesses to our Austrian business students' rather than 'the placements will take place on such-and-such a date' and 'to express an interest...'. Because it seems to me that you're asking local businesses to do you a favour, rather than the other way round. Especially as it's so last-minute.

I'm only saying this cos I care  :D. Hope it works out!