12 replies to this topic

#1 Hiloise

Hiloise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hello.

I'm trying to find a local estate agent to help me sell my lovely 1 bedroom flat in Crystal Palace - can anyone recommend one? The last post I can find on the subject seems to be a couple of years old so if any of you have more recent experience, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you!

#2 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Winkworth are supposed to be good - speak to Calum.

Various friends have used him recently.

Although 'all' Estate agents have their annoying traits.

Good Luck!

For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#3 Biped

Biped

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

We bought from Conrad Fox last year and they were incredibly helpful and efficient. Were we to sell again (which I hope we won't be in the near future!) we'd definitely use them.

#4 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

I sold through Conrad Fox and it was a frustrating time for me so as you can see Estate Agents differ with every customer....

For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#5 Hiloise

Hiloise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thank you all for the feedback.

#6 SheldonLandell

SheldonLandell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

I've always heard good things about Wooster & Stock and believe they have an office in Sydenham

#7 sharnna

sharnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

I use Wooster and Stock - the Sydenham branch have changed it's name though - can't remember what to sorry. They are ok. TBH not keen on any of them!

#8 Gema

Gema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hi, I'm in a different boat - I am trying to buy somewhere in the Crystal Palace area but am having a real problem with getting estate agents to return my calls and answer my emails...Grrrrrr!! I'm a first time buyer, mortgage is sorted, I'm signed up to every website under the sun and am really struggling to get anywhere with anyone. I'm really shocked, it's almost like estate agents don't want to sell houses! So with that in mind, does anyone have any recommendations for estate agents in the area who actually pick up the phone, return phone calls, check their emails and set up viewings! Thanks in advance! 

#9 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hi Gema,

That sounds really frustrating. 

Have you tried  Martin & Co. Crystal Palace  I know James who runs it. He's a local chap and I could not imagine that he would not pick up the phone or return calls. Let us know how you get on.

#10 Gema

Gema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Thanks Charlie - I'll check them out over the weekend! I have been checking reviews of certain estate agents online and it looks as if I am not the only one having problems. I guess the area is popular and they don't have to chase every call!

#11 Palace_denizen1

Palace_denizen1

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

Bump.....any more stories  ?   Good or bad stories.  All interesting.

#12 halfwayup

halfwayup

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

I've dealt with a few of late- I've found Pedder to be pushy, wouldn't recommend. iMove are well meaning but inexperienced and need to focus more on customer service. KFH seem a very professional outfit and pleasant to deal with so far

#13 BlueBottle

BlueBottle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

I agree with halfwayup on Pedder.

We have found Winkworth to be ok until things went wrong and then they've turned unprofessional and rude (and I think they were a bit crafty and made us feel there was more interest around the property we're interested in than there actually was).

I would avoid Conrad Fox - both, sales and lettings.