Photo

Conrad Fox, SE19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Estate Agent? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Estate Agent?

1. Excellent (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. Good (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

3. Average (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Poor (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:01 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Estate Agent

Conrad Fox
10 Westow Street, SE19
020 8653 4040
Estate Agent - Sales & Lettings

#2 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

This week, Mrs Uncle Wilf and I have found them to be slow, unresponsive, indifferent and inefficient.

You will gather from these four adjectives that, from our personal experiences, we would not recommend them.

:angry:
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#3 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

I concur with these findings. Might I also add that the properties they have for sale seem to be 5%-10% more than similar properties in other estate agents

#4 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:10 PM

I rented a flat for which they were the landlord for four years, and although I would also use those adjectives to describe them, on balance they were the best landlords Iíve ever had.

When we were moving they were very reasonable about us changing the date numerous times due to problems completing on the flat we were buying, and itís the only time Iíve ever got my full deposit back with no haggling (despite there being plenty of things they could have complained about).

#5 andyb

andyb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

It’s the only time I’ve ever got my full deposit back with no haggling (despite there being plenty of things they could have complained about).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink:

I thought such a thing was a mythical event. You got your full deposit back? Well, golly.

#6 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:14 AM

I thought such a thing was a mythical event. You got your full deposit back? Well, golly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know! And from an estate agent as well! In all the other rentals I've had with private landlords and agencies, I've never seen a single penny returned, there was always some excuse cooked up.

We really needed the money as well because we were buying a flat, so Conrad Fox really came good, bless 'em.

#7 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:36 PM

Just to update you:

Conrad Fox could make sloth an olympic sport. They are taking their time like they've got the next decade.

If you can, avoid......
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#8 tealight rookie

tealight rookie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

I've seen a flat for rent with Conrad Fox. I quite like the flat, but I've been put off by the fact that Conrad Fox aren't registered ARLA. Does anyone have any experience of renting with them? Good bad avoid?

#9 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

We're renting our current flat through Conrad Fox and are quite happy with them. Eventhough they don't manage our property they have been helpful on more than one occasion.
When we were in the process of finding a flat I found them very nice and helpful and because they aren't part of a chain they seemed a bit more personal as well.
Thumbs up from me.
www.themassagepractice.co.uk

#10 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

I viewed a flat to buy through Conrad Fox back in February, and the level of attention and service I received was pretty good - though the property wasn't for me so that was the end of my dealings with them so perhaps I got off lightly...

Soon after, I spent one miserable saturday walking round registering with all the estate agents on the triangle, and believe me, the lack of manners/service/knowledge I got in some of the agents was truly appalling. At least i got offered a cup of tea in Conrad Fox and was able to sit on a comfy leather chair. I did get the impression they were very busy though.

ps I might be completing on my new flat in Crystal Palace on Friday :ph34r: Fingers crossed for me please - this has been a loooong time coming!

Edited by moc, 02 October 2006 - 03:46 PM.

Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#11 Emmalina

Emmalina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:21 PM

We bought our house through Conrad Fox a couple of years ago and found them to be extremely flexible and efficent, much more so than the agents selling my flat (Haart). But it sounds like maybe things have changed - I'd be happy to hear that other forum users have had a positive experience with them!

#12 Fightsong

Fightsong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

I'm renting via Conrad Fox and have so far had no problems at all, they have been extremely helpful to a point where they've gone out of their way to help me move down from Tyneside.

A thumbs up from me. :)

#13 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

ps I might be completing on my new flat in Crystal Palace on Friday :ph34r: Fingers crossed for me please - this has been a loooong time coming!

I hope your move went well moc - and welcome to CP! :)
aka Pie

#14 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:21 AM

Thank you Slyvester!

The move got unavoidably delayed at the very last minute - I was so upset. However, my move date is finally rescheduled for this Friday 3rd Nov, and I am more excited than ever :D
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#15 HillBilly

HillBilly

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:09 PM

Anyone had recent dealings with CF?