Photo

Conrad Fox, SE19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Estate Agent? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Estate Agent?

1. Excellent (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. Good (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

3. Average (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Poor (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

Yes, I've just bought my house from them & found them great, esp Neil. They couldn't do enough to help. Cheers.

#17 belli

belli

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:15 PM

I recently had a valuation from them which was unrealistically high. I doubt we would have got anyone through the front door with that! We went with another agent and have 5 viewings over this weekend. Interestingly, the gap between the lowest and highest valuation was £40k.

If anyone wants more details, send me a PM.

#18 HillBilly

HillBilly

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for comments and opinions

#19 Katie

Katie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:13 AM

We have just sold our flat with CF, and they have been great. Their valuation was realistic, and consequently, we were offered the asking price after the flat had been on the market for just 24 hours. The agents themselves have kept us very well informed of what's been happening, and have always come across as polite and helpful.

We are looking to buy somewhere bigger in the area, and are struggling through dealings with a number of incompetent, uncommunicative, and downright rude agents. Consequently, we are very pleased that we put our flat on with Conrad Fox.

#20 beefqueen

beefqueen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:30 PM

I bought my flat some eighteen months ago, so they may have improved since then, but I would advise anyone not to touch CF with someone else's bargepole. Unhelpful, rude, and - at best - incompetent, they made my purchase much more stressful than it ever should have been.

Avoid!

#21 mattpryor

mattpryor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

Anyone had recent dealings with CF?

Hi all, first post so go easy on me....

My GF and I rented our flat through Conrad Fox with effect from December 08.

Although they have needed a little chasing here and there, on the whole I've found them helpful and friendly.

I don't think that "urgent" is a concept which they are familiar with, but I feel that, in my experience at least, some of the adjectives used to describe them here are a little harsh.

#22 DVNT

DVNT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

Slack, very very slack. Really bad communication and lack of communication. We moved into a property managed by them in Feb and although it had a brand new bathroom as a unique selling point. The bathroom has leaked, they've sent round problem plumbers and despite moving in a month ago I've still got plumbers round today and it still can't be properly fixed. My issue with Conrad Fox is they are shite, for want of a better word, at customer service. Promising to call me back, and then I'm having to chase them all the time at my own expense.

I get the impression they are very busy and with only a small team cannot manage all the properties they do. Which begs the question, why keep agreeing to manage properties.

As it is we want to write to the properties owner to explain our side of the situation here, and the terrible service provided by Conrad Fox. In what we've been told about the Landlord thru CF, things seem warped and they won't accept respoonability for sending round cowboy workmen and shouting and talking over me down the phone. I kid you not, the Plumbers (the decent ones round now) got an earful too last Monday.

Anyone know what the deal with getting the owners details are? I've requested via email twice. If only to introduce ourselves to the landlord (she had a lot of problem tenants before and is why she is paying/wasting 10% with CF). I'm thinking I can use the Freedom of Information Act?

:)

Are there decent estate agents out there? For the past few years every one of them has major faults.
Posted Image
listen or get the podcast iTunes / RSS

#23 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Try the Land Registry website for details of who actually owns the property. It'll cost a few pounds but you get sent the pdf straightaway. Is it a new development? If so, there may be a planning application somewhere with details of the owner although it may have been sold on since then.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#24 DVNT

DVNT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Nah it's a house built in the 50/60s I reckon.

Cheers thou.
Posted Image
listen or get the podcast iTunes / RSS

#25 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

I found Martin at Conrad Fox to be really helpful and honest, if a little slow to come back to me with feedback. It doesn't perhaps offer the widest coverage, being an independent, but I liked his personal, no-blagging approach. I sold through Haart in the end, but had a number of positive viewings through Conrad Fox.

#26 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

The two lettings ladies at Conrad Fox have bent over backwards to get a flat for a blind friend of mine who needed to move. She needed a 1-bed flat with garden for her guide dog. There is NOTHING on the market. I've taken her to see flats in Streatham, Tooting, Crystal Palace, you name it, but they didnt have proper bathrooms, the 'gardens' were non-existant etc. A VERY kind soul from this forum helped out with temporary accomodation for the past 2 months :hugkiss: Conrad Fox saw this flat, thought it would be perfect for my friend, arranged a view for her before putting it on the market for general viewing, and sealed the deal. On moving in day, they came over for a glass of wine to celebrate, and to make sure everything was going smoothly. Great customer service like this has to be reported :D

Edited by moc, 27 September 2010 - 07:41 AM.

Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#27 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

The two lettings ladies at Conrad Fox have bent over backwards to get a flat for a blind friend of mine who needed to move. She needed a 1-bed flat with garden for her guide dog. There is NOTHING on the market. I've taken her to see flats in Streatham, Tooting, Crystal Palace, you name it, but they didnt have proper bathrooms, the 'gardens' were non-existant etc. A VERY kind soul from this forum helped out with temporary accomodation for the past 2 months :hugkiss: Conrad Fox saw this flat, thought it would be perfect for my friend, arranged a view for her before putting it on the market for general viewing, and sealed the deal. On moving in day, they came over for a glass of wine to celebrate, and to make sure everything was going smoothly. Great customer service like this has to be reported :D

I am not surprised by this story. They might be a bit slow, which often has to do with the fact that they have to juggle between landlords (who can be a pain) and tenants (who can be a pain too). But however, they really have their heart at the right place. Not sure if one can say that about many agencies....