Photo

Cooper Giles, SE19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Estate Agent? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Estate Agent?

1. Excellent (19 votes [57.58%])

Percentage of vote: 57.58%

2. Good (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

3. Average (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Poor (6 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:02 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Estate Agent

Cooper Giles
12 Westow Street, SE19
020 8653 4444
www.coopergiles.co.uk
Estate Agent - Sales & Lettings

#2 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:28 AM

Penny is fabulous and doesnt 'beat around the bush' about properties for rent or sale....She just gets on with it and sorts things out asap...good business and the agents are good for the palace because most of the properties have good background history and she knows hr stuff

The other guy well he is a waste of space and down right rude - this isnt just from me - i have spoken to 3 other couples and they have said exactly the same thing which resulted in them not being in contention for the business....I dont know why he is soo rude, im sure its not on his job description!...or is it! :blink:
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#3 Helen

Helen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:42 PM

I agree. We rented our flat though Cooper Giles and Penny was great. She calls a spade and spade. She tells it like it is and I get the impression that she is also honest - an unusual trait in her business!
We also found their fees very reasonable.
Can't comment about the guy as have had no dealings with him (luckily!)

#4 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:58 AM

I rented (as a tenant not landlord) through Cooper Giles in the past and also viewed some of their properties when househunting, though I did not make a purchase through them in the end. I found Penny was always straight with us, and yes, it does seem rare in an estate agent! I also remember that when something went wrong, they sent around a repair man very quickly, which I appreciated after renting rather less well-managed properties. The other guy (Peter?) I only had dealings with while viewing properties. I didn't find him rude but not as easy to talk to as Penny. That's not a big deal, though. If I was to put my house on the market or rent it out I think they'd be my top choice.

Edited by elleme, 04 August 2005 - 05:16 PM.

#5 Guest_boyan_*

Guest_boyan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:43 AM

we've rented a house via Cooper Giles which they're also managing - I have to say that I'm a big fan of the "no pussyfooting about" approach, so I like the almost abrupt manner in which Penny and Peter conduct themselves.

I've so far found them to be honest and efficient, any emails I send them are usually answered (always by phone) within 10 minutes, and any necessary repairs are organised immediately.

cheers Boyan

#6 mdownham

mdownham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:19 PM

We bought our flat in Belvedere Road through Cooper Giles last year and must say that I thought that Penny was excellent. We quickly negotiated a deal that both sides were happy with and from then on everything went really smoothly.

If I ever consider renting out this flat or moving then I will go straight to Penny first.

Matthew

#7 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:10 PM

I found both Penny and Peter very helpful when buying last year - straightforward, business-like and with a sense of humour. Peter was never rude, he just does his job very thoughtfully and well - and I like a change from American-style fake smiles!

I remember Penny phoning me up to find out why exchange of contracts was taking so long to happen. She then phoned the vendor and came back to me with words along the lines of "it's the blimmin' lawyers, playing blimmin' legal ping pong". Priceless!
opposed to taking terrapins.

#8 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:39 AM

I couldn't agree more Andreas. Peter Cooper was thoughtful and extremely professional. He never struck me as being rude.

#9 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

I notice that Cooper Giles core almost 77% "excellent" in the poll .. other estate agents please take note!
aka Pie

#10 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:37 AM

They've scored 77% excellent because they deserve it!

Penny is very friendly and helpful and tells it how it is. On top of that, they charge the tenant a small fee for a reference check when they move in and that's it... other estate agents I've been with before charge a small fee for a reference check AND a fee of around 1 weeks rent.

Edited by ged, 18 May 2005 - 09:38 AM.

#11 firefly

firefly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:21 AM

We rented our last flat through Cooper Giles, and we too, found them to provide an excellent service. We were in a very old building, so we had endless problems with damp etc, and every time we had to call they were always understanding and got someone in to look at it pronto.

Would definately recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a good agent, and we will definately be using them when we decide to sell our flat. :D

#12 Sharm

Sharm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:21 PM

Having read all the estate agent reviews on this site I used Cooper Giles when selling my flat. They didn't disappoint and were efficient and professional at all times. I'd have no hesitation in using them again.

#13 Gipsy

Gipsy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

I recently bought and sold through CG and they were fantastic. They kept me completely up to date. I liked their direct and truthful style and would have no hesitation in recomending them to others!

#14 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

I have to say that we tried to buy a flat through Cooper Giles recently and although i found Penny straight talking and easy to deal with, Mr Cooper (Peter) was the most exasperating estate agent I have ever had to deal with. He never gave me a straight answer and seemed to know very little about the legalities of the situation. His communication skills in general left a lot to be desired. We ended up pulling out of our purchase and our dream flat because they did not hold it together.

#15 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

You obviously have not dealt with streets ahead who have to wear a name tag to remember their own name !

I can deal with rude but stupid is another thing.

However all my dealings with cooper giles have been fine.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig