Photo

Planning on moving to the area - opinions please!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Eva_O2

Eva_O2

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Gema, How about these? I'm sure some will need work... http://www.rightmove...y-29182836.html http://www.rightmove...y-43969418.html http://www.rightmove...l?premiumA=true http://www.rightmove...y-24339711.html

#32 Gema

Gema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Gema, How about these? I'm sure some will need work... http://www.rightmove...y-29182836.html http://www.rightmove...y-43969418.html http://www.rightmove...l?premiumA=true http://www.rightmove...y-24339711.html

Thanks - I'll check out the first one! The second one has a serious problem with damp according to another estate agent and is on its second course of damp treatment so I don't reckon it will be valued anywhere near the asking price; the last one - and this is a bit bizarre - is still on sale but no one has been able to contact the seller for 6 months so cannot get the keys to view?! Very odd. Still waiting for a call back for another place on Portland Road next week so haven't given up hope completely! 

#33 Mawders

Mawders

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I noticed savills the auction house have a few south Norwood places up for sale very very soon. Could be lucky, you never know.

#34 victimofshea

victimofshea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

If you are planning any moves or property sales in South London, be aware of Adam Shea.

I needed to do some thorough research into the individual Adam Shea who claimed to be from Pickwick Estates (I am unsure if this is the case or not). My research was a rather painfully in hindsight. Adam Shea was recommended to me by a friend who assured me that he was a consummate professional and would handle everything we needed no matter what complications.

Adam Shea visited our home and proceeded to tell us of his fame as a celebrity bride on TV, he then informed us of the value of our home and befriended my family. He left and we were all excited that things were very positive.

Adam Shea then came to my office a week later to inform me that he was managing the probate of a property 61 Cheviot Road, West Norwood and that this property was under his control and that he now suggested that we get our property on the market ASAP with a view to us doing a deal on the property at Cheviot road because he was the agent holding all responsibility for a chap know only as Bernard (we are not sure if Bernard exists or not, but if he does own a property in Cheviot Road… Beware).

All of this was just before Christmas 2013 and we as a family were very excited that things were moving in a direction we did not expect because we had on occasion been late with repayments.

This is where the story turns very sour indeed and the lies, deceit and abuse starts. We were told to carry out a number of upgrades and amends to our home by Adam Shea, which we did. To our surprise we then had booked viewings within a week. Adam Shea came to our home and we were asked to leave our house on a number of occasions so that people could view the property. Within days of these viewings we were informed that we had a number of offers all ranging within the (supposed) estimation made by Adam Shea, this was of course incredible news to us and we suggested the sooner we see 61 Cheviot Road the better (no point selling if we don’t like the house!)

Again, things became very strange from here on, the responses to our wishes to see the property at Cheviot road became more and more bizarre, see below…

·      Bernard, the head of the trustees does not like to be rushed

·      Do not go past the house or tell anyone its on the market, it s a secret because he (Adam Shea) is managing the probate and sale

·      You (me and my wife) need to be interviewed by all of the trustees

·      Its hard to get all of the trustees together

·      One of the trustees sons is staying in the house so its tricky to set up viewings

In the weeks following things became intolerable, Adam Shea would not turn up for scheduled viewings, he would turn up late stinking of booze, he never returned our calls, texts or e-mails, when he did the excuses became more and more ridiculous (I fell off a train, I lost my phone, I have no internet).

In the end, I went to 61 Cheviot Road and met the lovely woman who has lived there for 27 years and is not selling her house and decided once and for all that Adam Shea is a compulsive liar (in the case of our relationship with him) there was no house for sale and there was no valid reason to continue dealing with him.

When I finally received a response from him via text he proceeded to tell me that I was a liar, I was “unmortgagable”, I could never buy another house ever and that if I wanted to battle him then… “bring it on”

For legal reasons, everything I write is fact, backed by friends, family, E-mails and text messages. For the record, I know nothing about Pickwick estates and if Adam Shea is involved with them, I hold no grudge against them; I don’t know who they are. Should any legal council wish to represent Adam Shea on this matter I urge you to contact me to see the documentation I holed regarding this matter and the statement above.

Furthermore, if you have also been a victim of Adam Shea I suggest that you share this content and also feel free to contact me.

#35 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

If you are planning any moves or property sales in South London, be aware of Adam Shea.

I needed to do some thorough research into the individual Adam Shea who claimed to be from Pickwick Estates (I am unsure if this is the case or not). My research was a rather painfully in hindsight. Adam Shea was recommended to me by a friend who assured me that he was a consummate professional and would handle everything we needed no matter what complications.

Adam Shea visited our home and proceeded to tell us of his fame as a celebrity bride on TV, he then informed us of the value of our home and befriended my family. He left and we were all excited that things were very positive.

Adam Shea then came to my office a week later to inform me that he was managing the probate of a property 61 Cheviot Road, West Norwood and that this property was under his control and that he now suggested that we get our property on the market ASAP with a view to us doing a deal on the property at Cheviot road because he was the agent holding all responsibility for a chap know only as Bernard (we are not sure if Bernard exists or not, but if he does own a property in Cheviot Road… Beware).

All of this was just before Christmas 2013 and we as a family were very excited that things were moving in a direction we did not expect because we had on occasion been late with repayments.

This is where the story turns very sour indeed and the lies, deceit and abuse starts. We were told to carry out a number of upgrades and amends to our home by Adam Shea, which we did. To our surprise we then had booked viewings within a week. Adam Shea came to our home and we were asked to leave our house on a number of occasions so that people could view the property. Within days of these viewings we were informed that we had a number of offers all ranging within the (supposed) estimation made by Adam Shea, this was of course incredible news to us and we suggested the sooner we see 61 Cheviot Road the better (no point selling if we don’t like the house!)

Again, things became very strange from here on, the responses to our wishes to see the property at Cheviot road became more and more bizarre, see below…

·      Bernard, the head of the trustees does not like to be rushed

·      Do not go past the house or tell anyone its on the market, it s a secret because he (Adam Shea) is managing the probate and sale

·      You (me and my wife) need to be interviewed by all of the trustees

·      Its hard to get all of the trustees together

·      One of the trustees sons is staying in the house so its tricky to set up viewings

In the weeks following things became intolerable, Adam Shea would not turn up for scheduled viewings, he would turn up late stinking of booze, he never returned our calls, texts or e-mails, when he did the excuses became more and more ridiculous (I fell off a train, I lost my phone, I have no internet).

In the end, I went to 61 Cheviot Road and met the lovely woman who has lived there for 27 years and is not selling her house and decided once and for all that Adam Shea is a compulsive liar (in the case of our relationship with him) there was no house for sale and there was no valid reason to continue dealing with him.

When I finally received a response from him via text he proceeded to tell me that I was a liar, I was “unmortgagable”, I could never buy another house ever and that if I wanted to battle him then… “bring it on”

For legal reasons, everything I write is fact, backed by friends, family, E-mails and text messages. For the record, I know nothing about Pickwick estates and if Adam Shea is involved with them, I hold no grudge against them; I don’t know who they are. Should any legal council wish to represent Adam Shea on this matter I urge you to contact me to see the documentation I holed regarding this matter and the statement above.

Furthermore, if you have also been a victim of Adam Shea I suggest that you share this content and also feel free to contact me.

Victim -- This is a shocking story. But what does the friend who recommended him say? Why were they so sure, and what do they know of him?  If he was attempting to get money under false pretences, that is a criminal offence, and the police would be interested. I am not sure whether you have actually lost financially, but if so, you would potentially have an action against him, on grounds of deception alone. If your friend knows much about him, s/he may knoow whether he has any assets e.g., a house, since if he has not, and is just 'a man of straw' civil action is pointless.

Had matters gone further, you would have had to instruct solicitors, and you would have needed the details of the name of the vendor, and their solicitors, so that the conveyancing could go on. It is hard to see where the scam would have come in  - unless of course, they nicked something while you were absent. Even had he been on the level, remember that when dealing with professionals like lawyers or agents, it is you who pay them and they do as you wish, not the other way about. I hope you have better luck next time, if you decide to move.--one down to experience!

#36 Sazzle30

Sazzle30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

HI

Sorry to intrude on your post but I am looking for people's views of living on or around Gibbs Avenue SE19 1JJ which is off Centrall Hill. I really like the house but no absolutely nothing about the area. Any views would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks

Sarah

#37 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Is that part of the Central Hill estate?

aka Pie