2 replies to this topic

#1 Simply Me

Simply Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hiya all,

My circumstances have changed and I need to live in a bungalow. Unfortunately, most of them seem to be retirement homes which would be perfect but I'm in my 30s! I've seen a couple for sale near Crown Point, but from the look of it, the steps to the door are quite steep and I can't manage that.

Are there bungalows, just not for sale or is this not a bungalow area? I don't want to leave. *begins childish tantrum* 

#2 tiamaria

tiamaria

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi there, the only bungalows I am aware of close by are Courtmead Close (Dulwich) but you need £600k plus sadly..or Ferrings (Dulwich)  nearer one mil!!!  Ridiculous....there is the odd bungalow for sale in Beckenham and further out - you can select on Rightmove the 'Bungalow' option.  Otherwise it would be ground floor accessible flats. 

#3 Simply Me

Simply Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Gosh I didn't even see your reply Tiamaria. Yes I've had a look on rightmove, and nothing.  :(

I've had real problems with my freeholder and have heard of nightmare experiences from my friends. I don't want to be a leaseholder, I want to have full freehold, so a flat is out for me.

C'est la vie. I'm going to have to start looking elsewhere.