Photo

Crystal Palace Market

restaurant

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Crystal Palace Market (14 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this restaurant?

1. Excellent (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Good (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Average (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. Poor (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Crystal Palace Market 
3-7 Church Road, SE19 2TF London, United Kingdom 

Tel: 020 3475 7080 

Email: info@themarketsgroup.com

FB: Crystal Palace Market 
Twitter: @3CPMarket

Wi-fi: FREE

Edited by gekko, 25 July 2013 - 09:07 AM.

• elleme likes this
Mel, Forum Moderator

#2 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Just had a most delicious burger for lunch.  And, for £7.90, tremendous value.  Will be going back!

Edited by belo, 26 July 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#3 barbersfort

barbersfort

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

the best burger options Ive had in the triangle

#4 ajames

ajames

• Sponsors
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Lovely food, very friendly.

But.

We all found the music much too high tempo and intrusive which didn't make for a relaxed lunch.

#5 Duke

Duke

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

We tried the CPM shortly after it opened, back in June, so this is going to be a little out of date. First impressions were good, the ambience is nice and the staff welcomed us warmly. We found the menu limiting, I do not eat fish and so had a choice of two starters and mains were either steak or a veggy option. I gather there are now more non fish things on the menu though. The food was well cooked, but a little bland. My starter of peppers was a bit odd and was they were whole I found eating around the seeds tiresome. Steaks came with the house sauce only which was fine but I would have appreciated some choice. The staff were charming and we enjoyed our meal but felt a bit limited and without more choice probably wouldn't go back if things remained as they were. We were asked to fill out a questionnaire on how we found our meal and I gather some of these points have been addressed so we will try CPM again at some point. It feels as if it could be very good once it has found it's feet.

#6 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Tried CPM for lunch.  I thought the burger was really good.  Usually I find burger buns rather soggy and tasteless and leave them half-uneaten, but this was in a brioche which worked well so I ended up scoffing everything on my plate.  Prices were reasonable save for the tea afterwards - 3.00 for a tiny pot.  Service was efficient.  I'd go back again.

#7 MissLizzie

MissLizzie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Just had a great meal here which we had to had to have early due to toddler-in-tow.

The staff were charming and helpful l, attentive without being irritating.

Food was really good- portion sizes spot on so that we were nicely full.
Hubbie had a fillet steak, I had the monk fish...both dishes delicious. Puddings great, cheese lovely...wines were recommended and spot on (dessert wine gets a big thumbs up).

However, the biggest praise is for the kids menu- simple but unlike so many places it was all freshly cooked, well seasoned and again well portioned.

We'll definitely be back.

#8 KrisDD

KrisDD

The Penge Tourist Board

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Have to second Miss Lizzie's comments here. We tried the CPFM today and really enjoyed it. Staff we very very good and food was excellent. I went for the chicken and my wife the cheeseburger. We also tried the amazing lemonade. The chicken was beautiful and my wife really enjoyed the burger which she claimed was one of the best she had tasted. We will be taking the kids next time as they really do seem very child friendly. All in all a very pleasant experience.

#9 ayeare

ayeare

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Looked in the window last night, looks very nice. Interesting that it's family friendly, from the outside it seems a little slick for that. Good stuff.

Next on the list to try I reckon, I might enjoy trading N7 for SE20 after all!

Edited by ayeare, 10 October 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#10 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

First attempt not so great...Sunday lunch time...couple of steaks ok but I asked for sweet potatoes which were on the veggie option and was told no so I ordered the veggie option as well...when it came it was one sweet potato and half a butternut squash... £9.00?? Bit much I thought...all in all...not for me with all the other options around

#11 Mani77

Mani77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Went in for lunch on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago. The food and service were good but it was horrrendously expensive for what it was. Also seems odd that they stop serving brunch so early on the weekends but so late in the week. I might pop in again but I'd steer clear of alcohol given the price - £140 inc service for lunch for four seemed excessive.

#12 Jens

Jens

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Went there (for the first time) for dinner yesterday, and I really loved it. The meals we had where perfect, and the staff is really lovely. The place looks very trendy, yet relaxed. 

#13 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Went there for the first time last night. Was very impressed. Service was prompt and excellent and with a smile. We both had a burger - which were excellent, I had the blue cheese burger which I have to say was the best burger I have tasted on the triangle to date!

Will definitely be returning.

The (lovely) waitress also told us that fingers crossed the butchers and fishmongers will be open by the end of the month

#14 ayeare

ayeare

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Had a burger the other day, impressed by the quality. 

The decor is nice, it was lunchtime though so the place was very quiet and the attentive service was slightly strange!

They have a jazz night coming up too, branching out maybe.

#15 CapitAl

CapitAl

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Visited the Crystal Palace Market again yesterday lunchtime. The air conditioning was very welcome on what was a very hot day.

I had a blue cheese burger my other half had chicken. The burger was very good and the chicken made you realise just had tasteless the stuff the supermarket sells is.

Service was a little slow, a large group had arrived 5 minutes before, but we were in no rush so that was fine.

Certainly not the cheapest place on the triangle, but theres something about it I just really like. Will be back again.

Al

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: restaurant