5 replies to this topic

#1 minkmagic

minkmagic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hello everyone!
Me and my partner went for a viewing in Norwood yesterday, a flat on Upper Grove rd to be exact. The rent was surprisingly cheap for a one bedroom flat with a garden and I really liked it. There is one thing though, you can actually see the stadium from the garden and my boyfriend pointed out that it's due to be incredibly noisy and maybe a bit rowdy on match evenings. Is anyone on here living close to the FC? What is your experience? It seems there are matches on at least once a week, will this be a big disturbance? I really like the area in general but the fact that there's a huge stadium there is pretty worrying.

Any input would be highly appreciated!

#2 Posie

Posie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

It will get busy round that way now the footie is starting up again, the property around that area is cheaper yes, could you see what is available on the other side of South Norwood Hill. we tend to be a little quieter over this side, there are a few small flats not sure what has garden space, but if you are looking for somewhere just for now with no thought of maybe having a first born there then you may be allright, but resale wise you may this area a safer bet.

#3 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

I've heard the racket over a mile away before now, so would hate to imagine what it is like almost on the door step.

Another problem there is parking/road closures when there is a match.

I would suggest you visit on a match day before committing to anything.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#4 minkmagic

minkmagic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I think I'll have to admit defeat and give this flat a miss. I'll keep on looking in the area, I'll just have to stay clear from the sporty bits. Thank you!

#5 Posie

Posie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Palace have a home game next Sunday, from 1.30, you could visit that road 45 minutes before and stay till the match gets underway, that would be a pretty good indication of how the road/noise is when theres a match on. Because of the parking restrictions most supporters travel by train, using Norwood Junction or Selhurst stations, many home supporters travel by car or bus then walk to the ground, usually on match days it is only the roads next to the stadium that are closed off, so for instance it is Clifton Road from the roundabout onwards, and you can't get into Sainsbury's car park, they close early on match days but last year they started to reopen afterwards,(this is a real bug bear for me as I always forget and have to turn round and go to Penge lol).
Wherever you decide to move to make sure you visit visit visit at different times of the day and night, weekends and weekdays, doing a little bit of homework means you really get a feel for an area. Yep it is very very boring but so worth it in the end.

#6 skylark

skylark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

hi , don`t worry about it , Crystal palace F.c is a family club , theres never any trouble the matches at home are 2 times a month in season .Yes the roads get a bit busier and it can get harder to park but its not a bad neighbour to have at least you will know when the matches are and you can plan accordingly .