#1 casewick_mark

casewick_mark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

... into the not-too-harsh light of VN.

Hello to you all,

I've been reading parts of the VN forum pretty often since I settled in West Norwood 4 years ago. I've now decided to register and make myself a bit more visible, what with the district being such a happening place these days :)

I've been a south Londoner since the mid-80s but never got to know SE27 until I met my better half, at which point she was already buying a flat here. In 2011 we progressed from a flat to having a house together but remained in W Norwood.

I've known Crystal Palace/Upper Norwood a lot longer than I've known 'Lower' Norwood. One of my best friends lived on the Penge side of Crystal Palace park in the late 80s, and we'd play squash at the national sports centre. Can't see myself doing that now.

Still, I'd never have guessed then how many food and drink pleasures might be waiting on the triangle up the hill from CP station. I've enjoyed the transformation of a number of the triangle's pubs in recent years, even if it makes the lack of a worthwhile pub in W Norwood itself just that bit starker.

Yet with the Feast now well established, the WN leisure centre being fitted out and the cinema/library combo still being promised, it does feel like a really positive time in W Norwood. Onwards and upwards!

- Mark

#2 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Welcome to the forum Mark. It's always hard making the first post but when you get started .............  :) 

Lots of discussion on West Norwood here (you are in good company) and many positive things happening by all accounts - Onwards and upwards! 

#3 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yes welcome Mark. There's nowt wrong with lurking - its the equivalent of having a pint and watching the world go by. But a bit of engaged conversation doesn't hurt either and VN is a pretty friendly place . Ive made some good friends via this forum.