• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 Shar

Shar

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hi Newchickontheblock, I'll PM you this afternoon.

#47 Darcy

Darcy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Ferndale road is nice. Love it. Watcombe can be busy because it's opposite Tescos. I think there was talk to try and get the road going one way traffic.

Dundee Road is cool too - seems quiet. Generally, this end of Portland road is good because you have good access to Trams buses and NJ train station.

#48 Darcy

Darcy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Newchick I can't pm you?

Hi Newchick

Ferndale Road is nice - I wish I bought on this road. All the roads from Watcombe down to Grasmere are nice and seem quiet (and the otherside of Portland Road too). You have great access to tram, buses, sport centre, Country Park and the Golf driving range, Norwood Junction Station, quick access to Elmer's End Station and quick access to East Croydon (via bus, tram or train).

Also, I believe People For Portland Road are trying to get money invested on Portland Road too - which is why it could be a great location.

Good luck for Saturday

#49 Shar

Shar

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Hmm, I don't seem to be able to PM anyone... I second what Darcy says, although I have yet to move in (very soon though :) ). I really liked Ferndale, Watcombe and Dundee - enough to buy a property one one of them! Ferndale has larger houses on one side of the road, Dundee seems to have slightly larger gardens and I hear there are plans to make Watcombe Road one way. They are all just off the park, close to Sainsbury and Tesco and very near to the leisure centre - so perfect really. Good luck and let us know how it goes x

Oops, can't seem to construct paragraphs either!

#50 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Urgent request folks, sorry i know have been asking lots of questions, does anyone know about the school on Sandown Road ? what is it going to be turned into? am thinking of buying a house on that road but not sure about the plans for the building.

#51 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

or if that is one of the nice roads?

#52 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Can I throw in oakley Rd too.

#53 Shar

Shar

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hi Newchickontheblock, it is a nice road - Ryelands Primary is moving there.

#54 Darcy

Darcy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Yep, just reiterating Shar's point. It's going to be used as a primary school (which will will an Oasis Academy - they chose to turn Academy to help improve on their results). There's also a little theatre on the site too - which will still be in operation (I believe).

How did the viewings go?

#55 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

There is so little property out there at the moment. I was due to view a house last Saturday but the house was mysteriously sold before anyone saw it. that was very upsetting and I still haven't gotten over that yet. I can't believe i spent so much time looking up the hill when i first started looking. Looking at a few properties on Woodside Green  and Waverly Road - any feedback on those roads greatly received.

Would be keen to find out more about the theatre. 

Thanks for your comments, as usual they are very helpful.

Shar are you in yet? 

#56 Darcy

Darcy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Newchick.. I wonder which property you're referring to? I wouldn't worry about the house on Ferndale rd - it's next to a garage. Can you do your own leafleting?? Alternatively, go the on People For Portland Road fb page and say that you're looking for a house in the area. You never know what could come up? Spring is fast approaching and I'm sure people are thinking about their next move.

It's a shame I can't PM you. Heads up, all the roads down from Watcombe Road are nice roads. Escourt Road is nice too. Stay away from Macclesfield Road though.

#57 Shar

Shar

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Ahh yes, the house on Ferndale... viewed that...you really aren't missing anything Newchick. We are still not in yet but will be soon. Feel free to email me if you need to ask anything, I won't have as extensive knowledge as Darcy but happy to help. What's wrong with Macclesfield Road Darcy? I saw a lovely house there but didn't get the chance to view it.

For some reason I can't create paragraphs when i reply and can't edit my posts...

#58 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

Hello 

Does anyone have an opinion on Notson rd off Belfast Rd- the street before Watcombe pls?

#59 Eva_O2

Eva_O2

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

Notson road as I recall was nice (along with Aylett Road too) - I would have bought a house on any of these two roads if it was in my budget. On Notson you have Victorian houses and also some '80s looking property at the end of the road. Both Notson and Aylett are dead end roads- which is plus. Notson road is close enough to the Country Park too.

#60 Eva_O2

Eva_O2

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Newchickontheblock and Shar (and anyone else). http://insidecroydon...tre/#more-16972