64 replies to this topic

#61 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Darcy

If you can pm Shar PM her and she can pass on my email address.

Shar if Darcy contacts you i am happy for you to pass on my email address to her.

Eva thanks for the info above.

#62 Sazzle30

Sazzle30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hi Sorry to butt in on your conversation but I am thinking about moving to William booth road in Anerley - the houses opposite the BP station and just wondered if anyone has any opinions on the area as i dont know Annerley at all.. Currently renting in ed. I have come to terms within not being my dream home - given up on the period Victorian conversion but am being swayed by owning a small terraced house, even if it is 1980s... Thanks

#63 Eva_O2

Eva_O2

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hi Sazzle, unfortunately I haven't visited thus road, so I cannot comment. Good luck though.

#64 newchickontheblock

newchickontheblock

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Will I ever find a house? saw the house that was so right for me but was out bidded. can't compete with BTL investors. back to the drawing board. If anyone knows someone who is thinking of selling their house please point them in my directions. I am after 3 bed house on any of the roads off Portland road (country park side. I particularly like Cumberland Rd or Southcote.

Ta Much 

#65 toja

toja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hi Newchickontheblock, how is your search going? You have been quiet for a while - perhaps you have found already?

I just wanted to say that I have been on one of the roads mentioned here for 5 years (Notson rd). The area off Portland road from Belfast road to Eastcourt road is nice, all road being more or less equal in my opinion. It has everything you need, i.e. Tesco, Sainsbury's, new cake make shop :), Post Office, tramstops going towards Croydon, Beckenham and Elmers end, good primary schools, Norwood Junction in walkable distance, South Norwood Leisure centre with swimming pool, South Norwood Country park nearby, golf course, buses taking you straight to Crystal palace, like-minded community (People for Portland road etc). Most importantly beautiful Victorian houses are still affordable. I have tried to move away (for a newer built and more bedrooms), but found it almost impossible to leave it all behind.

Word of advice: if you are keen on old houses, many of them have the same space with configuration of 2 or 3 bedrooms. You could buy 2 bed and convert the loft at the later date. The houses on my road are seemingly all the same; but some are 2 bed (like mine, with bathroom upstairs), some are 3 bed (bathroom downstairs), some are 3 bed (bathroom upstairs + loft).

I don't know much of Grange park area except from being more expensive and "nice" (based on people's opinion).

Good luck!!