• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lauriesmb

lauriesmb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Can anyone help? i was born in penge(hawthorne grove) in 1954, and in 1964 my mum and dad divorced after having myself, laurence a willis and my sister Susan ann willis. I discovered that my dad( laurence Edwin Willis) remarried the same year, to a Patricia A Ridpath, and was registered at Bromley. They had a daughter, born in June 1965, called Julie willis, birth was registered at Bromley also.

I had an uncle at the time, living in Surrey towers, uncle Bob.

My grandfather owned a scrap yard in Hawthorne grove at number 18, his name was Henry Thomas willis.

Neither i nor my sister Susan, have seen or heard of our father since 1965, as our mother also remarried to a Malcolm Hendrick and then we moved away from the area.

I also know that my father laurence edwin willis, had a car sales showroom in Penge high street, it was almost opposite the old police station, maybe someonwe remembers that?

He was in the REME and was based at 34 base workshops in Donnington, and came back to Penge to live after marrying my mum, and lived at number 7 Hawthorne grove.

I am desperately trying to find my half sister Julie Willis, who would be 48 yrs old now and most probably married.

Does anyone have any links or connections to any of these people? Are you a Ridpath?

I would like to hear from anyone who could help, also anyone who may remember me from school etc and want to get in touch?

I had a good mate at the time, Danny, who lived in Hawthorne grove also. Cant remember his last name, but he was Irish and had a sister called Bernadette.

I went to Malcolm primary and junior school, then later went on to Dulwich College.

I havent seen my dad since 1965, he must be about 80 now, if he is still alive! and ive never seen my half sister, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, i was helped on this site back in 2010 by a member called Chris Doran, dont know if he still contributes, but if you are there chris, your help would be appreciated!!

Best wishes all.

:D 

#2 Joe

Joe

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Name: Patricia A Ridpath Mother's Maiden Surname: Andrews Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1940 Registration District: Croydon Inferred County: Surrey, Kent Volume Number: 2a Page Number: 1503