4 replies to this topic

#1 hathaws

hathaws

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi

Does anyone know of someone who would be prepared to do a tip run for us? Mr Hathaws has injured his back and we have a load to move, including a cast iron bath (hence 'men' and van). Google throws up lots of house movers but the couple I've contacted won't do a tip run. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

#2 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

I think most council waste/recycling centres now refuse to take trade waste, which is what they would consider it to be.  Perhaps you should look at house/garden clearance services.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#3 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

You might like to check your local authority site as I think they will remove large items as preferable to seeing them dumped on the road. Not sure if they would charge though.

aka Pie

#4 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Make sure if you hire a man & a van that they are legit - if its too cheap it really means they are gonna fly-tip those goods of yours...

Take a picture of the van, man and number plate to be very sure.

For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#5 pupkin

pupkin

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

I used All Your Junk. I was very pleased with the service. I used the premium 2 hour window service. They actually turned up bang on 7am so I could get to work on time, swept up after themselves and charged me less than the quote to clear rubble and wood from the garden.

Would use them  again.

http://www.allyourjunk.co.uk/

Edited by pupkin, 08 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.