4 replies to this topic

#1 Simply Me

Simply Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about moving Anerley and have seen a couple of places off Penge Road/Croydon Road, especially near Derwent Road/Tovil Place that are in my budget. Is the area ok, or should I keep looking?

Thanks in advance

#2 teatoast

teatoast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hi Simply Me,

I live on Samos road, which is heading towards Anerley Road from the area you're talking about. It's just a couple of hundred yards away. Samos, Tremaine, Stembridge, Marlow, Worbeck are all lovely roads I think - generally quiet, young families, friendly, safe etc.

As with the rest of London one road can be very different to the next I find though, so I couldn't hand on heart tell you what Derwent etc are like - but I'll go for a wander down them next time I pop to the Tescos and report back!

In general we find this a handy area to live in - very quick to the triangle or Beckenham and pretty well connected transport-wise. We were totally priced out of CP - which we love and was where we were renting - so this was a good compromise.

I'd say the area is a little rough around the edges here and there, but no more so than anywhere else in London really and I feel safe walking around at night when I come back from work, or trying desperately to get a baby to sleep in a pram. And even in the short time we've been here you can sense that houses are getting smarter and things seem on an upward curve. It feels a little shabbier when you go under the bridge towards Norwood, but I rarely head in that direction due to work so I'm not really an expert on that part.

Anyway, any questions, just ask. Good luck with the house hunting!

#3 Darcy

Darcy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hi,

Although I live in South Norwood, I concurr with teatoast on those named roads (i.e. Samos, Tremaine...).  I do a lot of walking and these roads stuck out to me because of the feel and look of the houses.

Good luck

#4 Palace_denizen1

Palace_denizen1

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

close to Anerley station is all nice enough

#5 Simply Me

Simply Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

Thanks for the replies. The offer fell through, so back to the drawing board I go.