1 reply to this topic

#1 Noz

Noz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

The Information Project Presents

A Series of Debates: What is Culture in the 21st Century?

With proposals to redevelop Crystal Palace park, a group of local residents in the area have started The Information Project to publicise the possibilities for the park and to help create a critical, intellectual debate about the identity of community, place, culture and design for the twenty-first century.

The group is organising a programme of debates featuring high profile architects, developers, planners, politicians and London based broadcasters, thinkers and writers. There are also plans to include local residents in a visioning exercise.

Noreen Meehan, chair of the arts festival, Crystal Palace Overground Festival, and one of the project organisers said “Crystal Palace is an extraordinary place to live, with myriad aspects to its cultural heritage. The park has been the scene for many of these activities. The debates and events we are organising will draw thinkers and experts into a conversation about what the future should be for this enigmatic and beloved space and what culture actually means during our lifetime.” Local architects Dagmar and Christopher Binsted are co-curators of the debates – both are members of RIBA and the South London Architects Society.

Book your free ticket here 

http://www.eventbrit...ets-11299636517

Debate 1: Who owns culture? Park, space, building

30 April at 7:30pm, Salvation Army Worship Hall, Westow Street, Upper Norwood

Chair:

Cany Ash, founder partner of multi-award-winning architects, Ash Sakul

Panellists:

Douglas Murphy – architect and writer, his blog covers architecture, music politics and philosophy and he is the architecture correspondent for Icon Magazine

Val Shawcross, London Assembly member for Southwark and Lambeth

Tom Brown, an author, his novel Strange Air is a chilling Victorian fairytale set in Crystal Palace park

Gus Zogolovitch, managing director, Solidspace – an established design-led developer

Edited by Noz, 22 April 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#2 JOJ

JOJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

I've got tickets for a gig otherwise I'd go. Really interesting. Please keep us posted early of future events. I'm following the Facebook page, too: 

https://www.facebook...ystalpalacepark

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crystal Palace park, development, ZhongRong Group, culture