• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 duncanm

duncanm

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi there! So, passed my test about 4 years ago now just as it felt like something I needed to do. However, living in London hasn't really meant I've have too many reasons to actually do any driving.

And, whilst I'm legally allowed to drive I thought I'd rather brush up a bit first before trying again which I've now felt the desire to at least be able to be confident again.

Long story short: anyone know of any good driving instructors who might fit the bill of helping to brush up again for a few hours?

#2 bawheid

bawheid

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hi there,

I can highly recommend Karen Bransgrove who helped me pass my test 4 years ago too. I'd failed my test a couple of times under tuition from previous instructors and decided after a hiatus to do some intensive lessons with Karen to get me ready for another test. Karen was great as an instructor and got me into the right frame of mind to pass my test... I lacked confidence on the road, even though I knew what to do, but she helped me to stay calm and conquer my nerves. You can also do Passplus with her if you want to gain extra skills and bring down your insurance premiums. I'd recommend it if you've not done any motorway driving before.

Here's her website: http://www.intensive...o.uk/about.html

#3 duncanm

duncanm

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

Great, thank you! Will look her up!

#4 duncanm

duncanm

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

Well, back to the drawing board, doesn't come out as far as where I'm based. Anyone else have good experiences?

#5 bawheid

bawheid

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Sorry about that, I live in Upper Norwood and I think at the time Karen was living in Orpington. Maybe she had more clients over this way when I was learning to make it worthwhile for her to cover this area.

#6 duncanm

duncanm

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

Heh, no problem, thanks for the response in the first place! It did sound like she was busy enough now as well. I'm sure there's someone good around here!

#7 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Looking for a female instructor to cover west norwood area . any suggestions.

i have had just a couple of lessons and instructors were not that good. one actually spent part of my lesson stopping to talk to builders about their house. and got impatient with me every time i made a mistake. So i realise that there are good instructors and bad instructors.

Thought i would try a female instructor next :)

#8 Clio

Clio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

I passed many years ago and my instructor then went on to help a good few of my friends. He is still teaching as I see his car all the time around palace. His name is Lance I'm sure it's called atlas driving school. Try 07971 881 662

#9 esterel

esterel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

I can recommend Frances Mensah, who got my niece through her test a few years ago.  He definitely does the area.  Though not female, patience of an angel!  0797 - 350 5507

#10 Palace_denizen1

Palace_denizen1

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

this fella is excellent, very patient and teaches you all the stuff you need to become a safe driver and pass the test.  

http://www.sinclairs...motoring.co.uk/