• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 TransitionTransport

TransitionTransport

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

I hear "Inkspot" have just started brewing on Fox Hill (not sure if they brew there or just the owner's address). Good Taste Food have it in stock, I believe.

#17 GipsyHill

GipsyHill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

Good spot!  https://www.facebook...rewery/timeline

GH

#18 GIpsy Hill Brewing Co

GIpsy Hill Brewing Co

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

GIPSY HILL BREWING CO. has a second open day, following on from the launch party. Come down to the brewery from 12-6pm on Saturday 20th September for some fresh local beers. Check out the facebook page here: https://www.facebook...56795890999280/

We're going to be opening up the brewery every other weekend with a variety of DJ, games and brew days to keep things interesting.

See you down there.

Address: Unit 11 Hamilton Road Industrial Estate, 160 Hamilton Road, SE27 9SF

#19 wulfhound

wulfhound

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

Another new one (well, new to me anyhow) - Canopy Beer Co. of Herne Hill http://www.canopybeer.com/

Edited by wulfhound, 23 October 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#20 Ruile

Ruile

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

late knights brewery's pub Beer Rebellion has just moved into the shop next door to where it was on Gipsy Hill across road from the station. great new spot hasn't lost its charm and lots more local (cask) beers on tap.

Edited by Ruile, 24 October 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#21 Trux

Trux

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

late knights brewery's pub Beer Rebellion has just moved into the shop next door to where it was on Gipsy Hill across road from the station. great new spot hasn't lost its charm and lots more local (cask) beers on tap.

I was in the new gaff a couple of weeks ago, and I have to admit I preferred the old place. The ground floor bit feels and looks a bit cold, especially since it's fairly cramped and the decor is, shall we say, utilitarian.I only briefly ventured downstairs, looked alright.

#22 Ruile

Ruile

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

Trux, its certainly not the same as their old place but still has a good feel. I think it will take a while for them to make it their own, but its good that there is more space downstairs, and they seem to have a better setup for their beers. Lots of cask on offer yesterday. I agree though, their old place was special, a hard act to follow.

#23 Trux

Trux

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

I'm just back from the London Beer Dispensary in Brockley, and I have to say it's another world entirely. The space is obviously infinitely more suited to a pub, but more so than that it seemed someone had taken a moment or two to think about the layout as well as design. It looked good and it worked well. I can't say the same fot the new place in GH.

#24 jobytc77

jobytc77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

Bobs Wine on Anerley Road (opposite Il Grillo) has a decent selection of London craft beers. And the wine's pretty impressive too!

https://www.facebook.com/Bobknowswine

#25 Trux

Trux

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

Top tip.

#26 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

Trux, its certainly not the same as their old place but still has a good feel. I think it will take a while for them to make it their own, but its good that there is more space downstairs, and they seem to have a better setup for their beers. Lots of cask on offer yesterday. I agree though, their old place was special, a hard act to follow.

I'm really warming to the new Beer Rebellion site but it is a bit nippy downstairs. Give it time..  :) 

Bobs Wine on Anerley Road (opposite Il Grillo) has a decent selection of London craft beers. And the wine's pretty impressive too!

https://www.facebook.com/Bobknowswine

Wine is very impressive. I can testify to that - hic  :blink: Brilliant addition to Anerley Road.

#27 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Finished of a few bottles from the gipsy hill brewery last night good sipping beer for sure. Well done lads! Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#28 wulfhound

wulfhound

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Couple of additions:

- Partizan in Bermondsey/Rotherhithe. (Possibly stretching the definition of local a bit, but they make some very tasty beer; Good Taste often have it in stock, as does Beer Rebellion)

- apparently Late Knights are opening up a shop at their brewery in Penge. Weekends only for now. They'll be selling beers in various quantities, burgers and homebrew supplies.

#29 duncanm

duncanm

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

Wouldn't mind if beer rebellion put up some kind of price list somewhere. popped in yesterday mainly to try a burger which i'd heard were quite nice, but was a little surprised to discover the IPA i'd chosen was a fiver. that's city prices!

#30 Mawders

Mawders

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Was this IPA in a bottle? 

Penge is going from strength to strength beerwise, with Late Knights opening a shop on Saturdays (that could become daily if successful), more appearances at the Alex Nurseries (last night, 5 till 9 and again next Thursday) and their taking over the Alex pub sometime in the new year. Plus of course Goldsmiths reopens under Antic next Thursday.  All this and the best Wetherspoons in the area (always around 12-16 ales on, and Monday deals mean you can quaff a guest ale pint for as little as £2.05)