• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#16 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

Addison Lee just quoted me £50 to Heathrow.....

#17 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

Get a friend to drop you off even cheaper & convenient Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#18 miles

miles

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

That's kind of you to volunteer ...

#19 matt

matt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

I have to withdraw my addison lee recommendation after the dismal performance they put in last Saturday. 40 mins late for a cab into town that was booked hours beforehand, repeatedly saying the cab would be there in 5 mins so we didnt make alternative arrangements and refusing to cut the price despite this abysmal service.
Good thing it wasn't a flight we needed to catch, but nevertheless it caused a lot of consternation as this was mine & Mrs Matt's first night out in London, since we had a baby - stress enough without cabs adding to it. :angry:

#20 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:35 AM

see http://www.virtualno...fo/travel.shtml

West Norwoodians might want to try Browns next to Tulse Hill station - 020 8678 1133. I always use them to go to the airport and they've only let me down once when their computer system went up the creek. The fares are usually reasonable.

#21 Will on the Hill

Will on the Hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

Fro Gatwick we always grab a cab to East Croydon and take the train too - cheap, cheerful and with ramps at EC and a lift at Gatwick low stress. If you are travelling at more peak times probably easier than sitting all that A23/M23 traffic. Won't help if you are going to Heathrow of course. And don't get me started on Stansted. Feels like it takes longer back from Stanstead to CP then it takes from wherever you've flown.

#22 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

Fro Gatwick we always grab a cab to East Croydon and take the train too - cheap, cheerful and with ramps at EC and a lift at Gatwick low stress.

Agreed - this is the way we always go. I was a bit panicked when I heard BR are going to axe the Gatwick Express, but that's only the non-stop train and presumably East Croydon trains to Gatwick will continue as previously. 15 minutes journey time cannot be beaten! :)
aka Pie

#23 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

The Gatwick Express is going to be replaced with more commuter trains that stop at more stations, so I would imagine it will take slightly longer then 15 mins now, but will be cheaper.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ies/4676388.stm

#24 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

For a map of the car parking facilities at Gatwick have a look at this...
http://www.gatwickparking.com/map.html

(possibly the world's scariest road layout for people with a plane to catch)

European.vote - EU Referendum

#25 Bee

Bee

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:41 PM

Hello, does anyone know of a good airport taxi service? We need to go at 3am to Gatwick, so taxi is our only option really. Bee

#26 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:47 PM

Bee, why not get a taxi to east croydon and then get a train. trains run every 20 mins or so to gatwick til about 2.30am and start again at about 5am. The journey takes about 20 mins so quicker than driving. You should be able to get a cab for about £8 with radio cabs or palace cabs.

#27 Optimist

Optimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Someone mentioned Eagle Cabs not being very reliable, but I have to say we've used them a few times now to get to Gatwick and they've never let us down - usually about £35 from Gipsy Hill and takes about 40 minutes depending on traffic.

#28 Emmalina

Emmalina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

I always used Clockhouse 020 8680 8680 and have never been let down - drivers always really helpful and prompt. Plus they have 5 ***** rating by the London Private Hire Car Association so are fully liceneced/safety checked etc.

Website is www.clockhousecars.co.uk if you want more info.

Enjoy your hols!

#29 Petal

Petal

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

I fly from gatwick a fair bit and if I'm feeling really mean I'll get the 410 bus ( from CP) to East Croydon and then the train = £6 approx otherwise it's Eagles cabs. Once the trams are here at CP will that take us to East Croydon ? The would make life very easy.

#30 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

When are the trams coming to CP do you know?
aka Pie