• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 CapitAl

CapitAl

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

KICC have now just submitted an application for a new premises license.

Plays, films, indoor sporting events, live music, recorded music, dance, "anything of a similar description".

Unfortunatley I can't seem to copy any links into this post!

Wonder if its a tactical application to make Bromley think their serious about operating 25 Church Road as a community  hub rather than a church?

Al

#32 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

If you can just forward any objection you have made to Bromley/Croydon to Lambeth these email addresses

JVale@lambeth.gov.uk
planning@lambeth.gov.uk

Subject title

OBJECTION :14/06962/OBS | Observations on a proposed development within the adjoining Borough of Bromley with respect to a change of use from Bingo Hall Class D2 to mixed Class D1 (church) and Class D2 (Assembly and Leisure) use

Last chance to send on comments to the Lambeth Case office John Vale as according to Lambeths planing portal they are due making a decision on this tomorrow.

JJust resend your orginal objections to them as we don't want Lambeth deciding theirs nothing wrong with the application.

#33 GipsyHill

GipsyHill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

What is the consultation closure date for Croydon for the change of use, or has that now passed? GH

#34 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

What is the consultation closure date for Croydon for the change of use, or has that now passed? GH

Hi GipsyHill, my understanding is that the consultation period for submitting representations to Croydon is probably closed but if you have something of relevance to submit then I would definitely get it over to them asap!  It would appear that there are over 100 objections received for Croydon's consideration which is a considerable number given that the site concerned lies within LB of Bromley and most people were not aware that Croydon were consulting too. The blight of a District Centre shared by a number of boroughs without a co-ordinated set of policies/shared vision. 

• Posie likes this

#35 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

KICC have now just submitted an application for a new premises license.

Plays, films, indoor sporting events, live music, recorded music, dance, "anything of a similar description".

Unfortunatley I can't seem to copy any links into this post!

Wonder if its a tactical application to make Bromley think their serious about operating 25 Church Road as a community  hub rather than a church?

Al

Not sure how the venue without a license can hold an event like this.

Nice of them to nominate the park as the ideal spot to park. £21.50 a ticket and make use of our massive FREE car park

3oefu6d.png

• Posie likes this

#36 GipsyHill

GipsyHill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Charlie, seems I wasn’t too late, or an earlier letter was considered. I had a reply form Croydon today:

Schedule for Application No:- 14/05342/CC
Decision: Objection

Reasons for objection were detailed. In summary, impact to Upper Norwood Triangle, and issues regarding highways/ network impact.

I note too, in the details of the event on the 28th, the promotional flyer says:  “Parking in Crystal Palace Park with shuttle service every 5 mins to the venue from 7-8pm”.   Odd, as the park is not advertised nor signposted as the “Town Centre” evening parking area.  

That is a lot of minibus trips, I assume they will be used both before and after the event (assumed to be late evening to ~11pm). That is a lot activity late at night in primarily a residential quiet street and neighborhood behind the venue (where the Site's limited parking is located).

GH

Edited by GipsyHill, 03 February 2015 - 07:28 PM.

• charlie likes this

#37 GipsyHill

GipsyHill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

...To clarify, I mean the roads off Church Road, to access the rear of the venue (where the site's limited on-site parking is located) via the narrow path/track off Milestone Road. GH

#38 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:38 PM

Well done for getting an objection in to Croydon GipsyHill and every one else too. An objection coming from a neighbouring Borough should certainly hold some weight with Bromley as the decision makers.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked to see that Kingsway International Christian Centre's (KICC) latest plans include making Crystal Palace Park, an English Heritage Grade II* listed heritage asset which sits within a Conservation area, an extension of their use of 25 Church Road.

This is simply unsustainable. KICC's modus operandi is wholly unsuitable for Crystal Palace district centre. Completely the wrong location.

KICC's latest sponsored/partnered event flyer makes absolutely no mention of public transport. So much for demonstrating that they can operate a Green Travel Plan. Goodness what will happen if they are granted planning permission. It will be an absolute nightmare for local residents and traders every time they hold one of their large events and services. No wonder Croydon have submitted an objection!

#39 Chuck

Chuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Hotdogs and burgers at 25 church street urrrr turned into a fast food outlet :)

#40 GipsyHill

GipsyHill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Anyone going or knows about the NIGERIAN EVENTS AWARDS UK  http://www.nigerianeventsawards.co.uk/

SATURDAY 23rd MAY 2015 4PM PROMPT

The Open Door Venue
25 Church Road, Crystal Palace,

London SE19 2TE
VVIP £65 | VIP £50  |  STANDARD £30
Exhibition Stand £75

Dress Code - Formal Evening Wear (OSCAR STYLE)

NEA Buffet Dinner & Awards Presentation Ceremony

#41 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

So after 6 years and 2 failed planning applications with objections from thousands KICC still brazenly advertise and hold religious events at their network church on 25 church rd.

https://m.facebook.com/kicctheopendoor

l5fRbYm.jpg

#42 Posie

Posie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

I expect the Council will have seen this, and read the line...The open door is a KICC network Church. Here we go again.

Edited by Posie, 06 July 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#43 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I suppose they take the view that as they answer to a higher authority, Charity Commission regulations, planning law, licensing regulations and the payment of Council Tax is something they don't have to bother with.

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#44 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

KICC The Open Doors first set of accounts has finally been lodged for the year ending June 2014.

They seem to say they have an income of £369,654 and costs of £292,103.

However £343,000 of this are from the congregation and offerings and the actual income from their £1.25 m bought property which has apparently had £1-2m of renovations done has brought in practically zero income to June 2014.

Surely that’s a massive misuse of charity funds??

http://apps.charityc...sidiaryNumber=0

#45 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

KICC The Open Doors first set of accounts has finally been lodged for the year ending June 2014.

They seem to say they have an income of £369,654 and costs of £292,103.

However £343,000 of this are from the congregation and offerings and the actual income from their £1.25 m bought property which has apparently had £1-2m of renovations done has brought in practically zero income to June 2014.

Surely that’s a massive misuse of charity funds??

Well if they choose to invest in the property and this gives them the means to use it for the purposes as set out in their governing document I dont see that they necessarily have to make money out of it and you could argue the congregation's contribution are a kind of income for its use. Mind you the 300 quid income for hiring it out doesnt exactly conjure up an image of much use outside of the church remit

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: picture palace campaign, 25 Church Road, cinema for crystal palace