Photo

Streets Ahead, SE19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Estate Agent? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Estate Agent?

1. Excellent (5 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

2. Good (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. Average (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

4. Poor (22 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:06 AM

They are the only EAs in the area who leaflet the neighbourhood incessently. Sometimes, their leaflets don't even get put through my letterbox as the person delivering them can't be bothered and just leaves them on the wall or the steps.

They can't be doing that well if they have to advertise themselves like that every few weeks :rolleyes: .

If anyone from the company is reading this site:

You will get far more custom by behaving in a professional manner than you will by wasting thousands of trees, clogging up the streets of the triangle or pumping petrol fumes into the air. Next time you decide to send me a leaflet, please just put it straight into my recycling box and save me the trouble :angry: .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#17 postman100

postman100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:12 PM

I thought the service I got from Streets Ahead was awful. The men who work there are very arrogant and full of themselves. They were supposed to be doing a valuation. Frist time I was rung half an hour before the appointment and it was cancelled. Then when they did come round I was told that the manager would need to come as the guy didn't really now what the value was as they didn't usually deal with victorian 3 bedroom places! What a load of twaddle!. Conrad Fox came round a couple of days later and they have been extremely professional.

#18 4 a horse

4 a horse

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

used them when we were buying in the summer - absolutely useless. Pride themselves on the standards established by wide boys in the 80s when the industry had its name dragged through the mud by newcomers latching on. Any Estate Agent who has a knot in their tie larger than their novelty mini should be avoided at all costs

#19 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

In the past 3 months, I have used Streets Ahead to sell my flat, let a property and in addition, they have also sold two other properties for chums of mine and I have to say, they 'do what it says on the tin'!

Following our disastrous experience with Wates, we thought we'd give these guys a try and they couldn't have been more different. Within 2 hours of the instruction, they had sent 8 buyers round and sold it on the day. The same with the letting and my two chums had sold their properties within a week! They whip the buyers up in a frenzy with a blur of striped suits and. . . well. . . they sell properties. . . Simple!

After-sales service was just as good and when it's all over, you get a "how did we do?" questionnaire from the owner of the company.

All in all, I found them thoroughly excellent and I never thought Id say that about an Estate Agent!!!

JGX

Edited by JGX, 24 July 2007 - 09:52 AM.

#20 lallyb

lallyb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

The results speak for themselves - after 10 weeks on the market with Wates, having received no offers, within 1 day of changing to Streets Ahead they had 2 viewings, each of which resulted in asking price offers. We are over the moon, and cannot recommend them enough.

#21 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

As a potential buyer, I've found them extremely pushy and won't be using them in the future.

#22 Stavi

Stavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

Terrible. I have had the phone put down on me twice after asking them to remove a baord from outside my flat (which they put up without permission). Argumentitive and rude. I guess the service is better should you be one of their 'clients' and want a property sold.

#23 duncanf

duncanf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

personally i LOVE taking the signs down myself that perioodically appear, unwarranted, outside out flat. What's even better is carrying them round to the shop on a Saturday and dropping them off helpfully outside.

Edited by duncanf, 11 March 2008 - 05:28 PM.

#24 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

I had to do the same thing myself the other day, when SA 'forgot' to remove the to let sign from outside my flat. The flat had been let for weeks and there was no sign of them removing the sign so I took it down after the high winds had helpfully dislodged it, [safety issue!!!!!] and within a day the sign had disappeared.

#25 360 Degrees

360 Degrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

I would like to make a recommendation for Emily and the whole team at Townends in South Norwood, they are very down to earth, happy and really helpful in finding something for you - no matter what your budget is! 020 8771 8681. They cover a wide area and seem to have lots on their books at the moment, I have heard a little whisper that some properties in South Norwood are going for up to 15k below asking price...

Also worth a mention, but a little further away is Nadine at Streets Ahead Addiscombe branch, she is really nice and helpful too.

Good Luck and Happy House Hunting!
Julie Laughton - 360 Degrees - Improving Every Angle of Your Life. Property Maintenance Solutions, Lifestyle Management Services and Project Management for your Home Improvement Projects. Visit My Website Email for Info

#26 t0P_c4t

t0P_c4t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I know, I know. For several years now, I have not particularly liked their image. However, we have just been trying to sell our flat. After being messed about by one of their competitors for several months (personnel switches, moved the sales office elsewhere) we went to Streets Ahead. I have to say they have been excellent. The key is Lisa who is extremely professional, very personable. They had buyers round in no time and not just any tom but people who genuinely were interested in the type of flat we had. I recommend them!

#27 titans21

titans21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:22 AM

We sold our two bed flat through Streets Ahead recently. They managed to get two offers within 6 weeks and plenty of viewings, and were reasonably efficient in terms of keeping me up to date with viewings, feedback etc...Also worth mentioning they got us a price we were happy with, without being blown out of the water. However, once the sale was agreed, customer service levels slipped noticably. Which is a shame, as in the initial sales pitch to win the sole agency on the sale, they made a big song and dance of how good their after sales service was. On the whole, would give them a 6.5 /10. Of all the salepeople I dealt with, I found Mohammad the most helpful and consistent.