• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 halfwayup

halfwayup

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

I am considering selling my property and wanted to see if anyone had experience of the online property portals now available? I just struggle to see the value traditional Estate Agents add, and I find it ludicrous that the fee percentage they charge has remained the same whilst property prices have gone sky high.

Sarah Beeny's Tepilo in particular has caught my eye...any thoughts/tips/experiences to share? Thank you!

#2 halfwayup

halfwayup

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

A friend mentioned emoov too. Any local users?

#3 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

I've successfully used hatched.com in the past (2010) and propertyladder.com before that back in 2005. In fact we've never sold through a traditional estate agent. We did try (unsuccessfully) with Acorn in 2008 but a combination of bad timing and poor sales performance (in my opinion) meant that we failed to make a sale. I would use hatched.com again without a second thought. They were efficient and kept the sale on track even when a major problem arose with the lease. You have to be comfortable with showing people around for viewings though.
I meant to add that two more flats within the same building as the one we sold in 2010 have also recently sold through hatched. These were all conversion flats in a large detatched Victorian house (if that has any influence on your decision).

#4 halfwayup

halfwayup

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

Thanks JMH, appreciate your help