• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NeilN

NeilN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

Having just bought a wood burning stove I am seeking fuel.  If you, like many of us around here, have a mature tree (probably an Oak) on your property, you probably know they need pruning periodically.  If you don't have a use for the logs created then I'd be very pleased to have them.  Ideally I'm after hard wood such as Oak, Birch, Beech, Apple, Pear, Cherry and so on.  I'd like any logs over about 3" diameter (arm size) and any length up to about 5', up to full trunk slices/rounds (tree surgeons will cut these to about 10" thick as any more is to heavy to lift!).  I can collect from you and will cut the logs to fit my stove, split, stack and season for 3 years before burning.  My stove is DEFRA approved for use in smoke control zones and when burning seasoned wood it emits just a little steam and the same amount of carbon dioxide released if the wood were left to rot, so wood is a clean and sustainable fuel, good for the environment.

So if you are having tree works done and don't want the logs, please bear me in mind.

Reply here, or preferably email me at Neil.nevill at tiscali.co .uk or text/call zero treble seven three, nine eight nine, double one, two

Thank you