• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 halfwayup

halfwayup

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

I contacted Pedder Crystal Palace today to remove the 'sold' board that has been outside our building for some time. The lady there informed me that the removal of the board would be distressing to the buyer as they like to see it displayed outside so that they know the sale is continuing....this has to be one of the most bizarre and ridiculous excuses I have heard

I know it is petty but I hate how estate agents leave these boards up for months on end, utilising this visual pollution as a form of cheap street advertising

#2 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

would be distressing to the buyer as they like to see it displayed outside so that they know the sale is continuing

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#3 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

Yes a lot of the local estate agents are a bit fast and loose when it comes to actually taking away boards.

They are supposed to take down 14 days after completion of sale or granting of the tenancy.

Of course a lot of them are so busy they "accidentally" leave them up there as its basically free advertising for them.

Take a look at the one on Westow Hill ( the one that likes orange branding)how seem to permanently have the flats above their offices to-let. Magically when they changed their name the flats were immediately re-let with the new signs, funny that. :lol:

What I don't get is the people that have let or bought the property don't bother themselves to take the signs down. Spend a shed load of money on a place and then leave a crap sign up indefinitely.

Try ccing Croydons planning enforcement next time and remind them of the 14 day rule.  ;)