3 replies to this topic

#1 rosie001

rosie001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

Dear All

I have recently been made redundant and, with more than twenty years of experience working as an executive/personal assistant (most recently in the third sector and before that the legal sector), am thinking of setting up on my own as a virtual assistant.

I can assist small and local businesses with all their administrative needs - saving them time and money!  I produce work to an extremely high standard and have excellent attention to detail.  My particular skills lie in transcription and typing, drafting, formatting and proofreading, and general administration/organisation.

Do you think this is a service that local businesses might wish to use?

I would really appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Many thanks.

Rose

#2 Biped

Biped

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

Hi Rose,

I can't really help with the local angle, but just wanted to say good luck to you. If you haven't already thought of this, maybe try contacting social sciences departments at universities and research organisations - you might find some takers for transcription services there.

All the best with the new venture,

Biped

#3 rosie001

rosie001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

Thanks so much for both the good wishes and the suggestion. Much appreciated!

#4 Buttons

Buttons

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

Hi Rosie,

I'm a freelance editor and proofreader who lives locally - have you thought about joining the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (www.sfep.org.uk)? There are different levels of membership depending on experience, but everyone has access to their excellent forums and quite a few people have posted on there looking for transcribers in the last year as not many of us offer that service. I've no idea how much proofreading experience you have, but their courses are also highly recommended.

Good luck!