Photo

Black Sheep Bar

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Bar? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Bar?

1. Excellent (15 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Good (14 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

3. Average (9 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

4. Poor (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Rikaitch

Rikaitch

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

I love love love this place. The staff were friendly, the drink was awesome (check out the cocktails!), the prices were cheap ;-). We broke our small pub crawl to spend the afternoon and evening in here, and loved every second. I have and will recommend it to everyone.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Fart, and you're on your own.

#32 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

It's none too great on a Friday and Saturday night, though.....

#33 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

Depends what you are looking for!

#34 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Agreed. You would have to pay me - a lot - to go in there then.

#35 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

havent been in there on a fri or sat night for ages - and from walking past dont think its my bag - but have no problem with a few places on the triangle having a livelier vibe with music and dancing and stuff going on for those with more verve in their loins than this ol git

#36 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

It's OK during the week and early on weekends (a bit like the Westow) and I also like the beer garden. But on weekends it does seem to attract the crowd that used to drink in Guantamao (before it shut down), the Cambridge (before it shut down) and the little downstairs bar place near the bus station (before it shutdown)
Mainly an out of town crowd, so I gather. And I do walk past there on Friday and Saturday evenings after my swill at the G and G and see it for myself.

#37 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

It's OK during the week and early on weekends (a bit like the Westow) and I also like the beer garden. But on weekends it does seem to attract the crowd that used to drink in Guantamao (before it shut down), the Cambridge (before it shut down) and the little downstairs bar place near the bus station (before it shutdown)
Mainly an out of town crowd, so I gather. And I do walk past there on Friday and Saturday evenings after my swill at the G and G and see it for myself.

Think you might be showing your age Hermit! But am in full agreement about the Westow, Love it during the week straight after work in the beer garden, but was in there on Fri or Sat just gone, and it just got far too busy for my liking. We were sitting at a table right near the bar, and even that started to get uncomfortable!!
I was supposed to go to the Black Sheep later on but a couple of mates went to go in before me, but it wasnt their cup a tea either! I was busy enjoying the fine culinary delights of the nearby 'organic' chicken shop. It amazing how good it tastes after a few!! ;)