• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#16 ArranAuckland

ArranAuckland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:49 PM

I too have just moved (from Crystal Palace to Crystal Palace but with a LOT of stuff) and used Matthews - highly recommended. Personal, good value for good service, careful, friendly. Had I the technical know how I'd have pasted a picture of their packing on this site it was a work of art and they were just fantastic. I was moving while pregnant and with a sick toddler - they did not blink at any of it and made sure I barely lifted a tea cup. Use them if you can!

Edited by gekko, 05 April 2006 - 12:52 PM.

#17 ally

ally

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:17 PM

How many guys did Matthews use to help you move and were they very expensive?

I was wondering whether to just hire a van to move house or get someone in to do it

Edited by ally, 05 April 2006 - 01:18 PM.

#18 peanut

peanut

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

A big hearty recommendation for MATHEWS REMOVALS.
Very friendly/efficient etc.

How many guys did Matthews use to help you move and were they very expensive?

3 of them

obviously price dependant on how much you have got

#19 Dolly Dimple

Dolly Dimple

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:24 PM

Just wanted to add that I hired Markwithavan (mentioned upthread) for my move from CP to Herne Hill on Sunday, and I'd highly recommend him - he even managed to find a (reasonably!) close parking space on Westow Hill in the middle of Sunday afternoon!

#20 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

We moved to Crystal Palace last Thursday and also used Matthews Removals. We were very pleased with them and thought they were very reasonably priced. Ian, the owner is a straight forward friendly guy and kept calm when we had a tense 2hr period waiting to obtain the keys due to a problem at the vendor's end. If we hadn't been able to move in he assured us he would be able to arrange storage for us. Fortunately that wasn't necessary, but it was reassuring to know we could rely on him if the worst had happened!

#21 Aunty

Aunty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

Hi there,

Does anyone have Mark With a Van's phone number?

I've got a light removal possibly coming up but his website isn't working. The move is only a typical student one for my son, with no furnture but loads of boxes, bags and a computer and will need a van.

BTW, if anyone has a big move on, I couldn't recommend GB Liners highly enough. They're a big-ish company and do storage, corporate and international moves too. GB Liners

They gave a great service when my mum moved from Streatham to Fox Hill a year ago. It was her first move in 45 years, so was a lot of work and very emotional but the co-ordinator really looked after us. With the pre-move move of large items to my brother's house and the piano to mine, plus all the packing, they were with us for three days and became part of the family. I got lots of quotes and theirs was the most competitive. The packing was a work of art, with no breakages and the lads were so kind, pleasant and helpful.

Aunty

Edited by Aunty, 19 February 2007 - 12:29 PM.

#22 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:21 PM

Mark's domain records are available here... http://webwhois.nic....HOIS Submit.y=0

It looks like his domain is due for renewal today but he hasn't arranged for the domain to be renewed. If the renewal was being processed it would usually say 2009 as the expiry date. By checking with Archive.org I found a copy of his web site was pointing to http://www28.brinkst...thavan/home.htm and there's a graphic showing a phone number of 07944 882237. If you speak to him and he wants a hand sorting out his web site let him know I can help him.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#23 Aunty

Aunty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:31 PM

Wow - that was quick! Thanks James - I'll let you know how I get on.

#24 JOTK

JOTK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

I need to move a sofa, chair, bed and bookshelf from Upper Norwood to Tulse Hill - so not very far - and would be grateful for any recommendations for helpful man with vans (is plural men with ven???!!!)

#25 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

Just wondered if anyone had any recent experiences with removal companies in the area? Will be needing one next month and thought I'd put out a few feelers.

Cheers,

JGX

#26 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

Can I add another very big hearty recommendation for Mathews Removals. They moved me up here to Welsh Wales today and were absolutely FANTASTIC!!

Really careful, reasonably priced and a great team.

JGX

#27 matt

matt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

Lovely area of the world JGX, I used to have family on the border (its a stream going through their garden) in Rhyd-y-croeseau (spelt something like that anyway).

#28 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

Can anyone recommend a company that does removal + storage?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#29 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

has anyone have contact details of these Mathew (or Matthews) removals?

cheers
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#30 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

managed to get the contact details and had a call back - so far so good .... seems very helpful (compared to what I have had to deal with so far he is by far the most friendly one)

I'll keep you posted .....

.... just got the quote from him and he went all the way to get a quote for removal + the storage ... and I am so going to book it ... NOW!! very very helpful!

Edited by LSPE, 05 September 2007 - 08:55 AM.

Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!