Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#32 Liliput

Liliput

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hi,

Could someone post the contact details for Mathews removals please? Are they in Croydon.

#33 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

yeah croydon

Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#34 Emmalina

Emmalina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

We moved house on Monday and tried to book Mathews who were indeed very helpful (they even tried to change their schedule to fit us in) but unfortunatley they were already fully booked.

So we used Lara Transport who were recommended by Gekko a while back. They were fantastic.

They're based in Upper Norwood so were happy to come out at short notice (and in the evening) to assess the size of the job and give us packing materials. Their price was excellent and we found them to be careful, friendly and very efficient.

http://www.laratransport.co.uk/ or call Kathy/Mario on 020 8670 0251

#35 linda

linda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

I couldn't agree more with the recommendation for Lara Transport. They helped me move last month and were excellent. I found them to be extremely friendly, competitively priced, professional and hard working. Superb.

Edited by linda, 20 September 2007 - 12:49 PM.

#36 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

one question: matthew removals is not returning my calls to confirm removal - is it common? I am a little bit concerned - though we have booked everything - he never returned calls to confirm time and a couple of details

LSPE
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#37 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

Yesterday afternoon I found out that the reason why Matthews Removals were not calling back was because they have a problem with the van and they might not be able to do the removal on Monday (ok panic!).

I am seriously unimpressed by the lack of communication because if they told me earlier I could have arranged differently.
They suggested they would have called me first thing this morning with an update but so far they have not called yet. I called them but no response; so I left a message and I am still waiting for a reply.

Now I haev "waste my time" looking for another removal company that might be able to do the job on Monday (builders arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest) and obviously no luck so far. A couple of them would be available but the prices are almost prohibitive . So who has to pay for that?? Potentially I have to take 2 days off instead of one, who's gonna pay for that? etc etc etc

I am NOT impressed at all . I hope I am jumping the guns and they will be able to carry out he job but definitely a D- for their communication.

Not a happy bunny ---- I need my chocolate .... humpf! (storms out)

:angry:

Edited by LSPE, 21 September 2007 - 10:22 AM.

Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#38 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

the picked up the pieces and booked another company to do the removal on Monday ....
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#39 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:27 PM

Matthews has been very efficient in organising the alternative removal agency to collcet my boxes and deliver them to the storage space - I've booked them for the "return" journey when the box will have to be delivered back to my flat

Cheers
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#40 Luciepoo

Luciepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

We recently moved house and used Casey's Removals. They are based in Beckenham and were fantastic - about 7 men turned up and emptied my one bed flat in about 15 minutes!! Professional service and even helped us get things out of the Big Yellow Storage. Would certainly recommend.

http://www.caseysrem...s.com/index.htm

#41 Kristopolis

Kristopolis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hi, has anyone any recommendations for a reliable moving company that can help with transporting furniture and household goods to Norfolk?

Thanks

Paul

#42 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

I had thought I'd posted this earlier but it doesn't seem to have emerged. Any recommendations?
Rachel
My link

#43 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

Most of these posts are pretty old so any up dates would be most welcome. Also we have (more than) a house-load of stuff so man with a van is defintely not enough, plus we would like someone to do the packing.
Rachel
My link

#44 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

My mum used Sandersteads
My link
they had a packing service to.
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com