www.360degreesonline.co.uk

Does the lot.

#47 Helen B

Helen B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

We used Hinks who're in Lee Green, based on very strong recommendations from a friend. They came in middle place in terms of quotes, but for that I had an (almost) full packing service the day before.

Some minor niggles - boxes were a bit randomly labelled eg 25 of them saying 'kitchen' so hard to know where to start with the unpacking, they left a couple of cupboards full (my fault partly for not checking) so we had to go back and collect, lost one box and broke one small ornament...I think all of this was due to them knocking off early on the packing day saying there was only an hour to do on the move day itself, which then became 4 so we were right up against it on completion and not checking properly...Error of judgement.

That said, they gave me 50 for the breakage and the missing box with no argument, they were all very courteous, they turned up...

Would use them again but just supervise a bit more.

#48 juniper77

juniper77

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any new recommendations. Sad to be moving out of CP but happy to be finally moving in with my man!

#49 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

Does anyone have any recent recommendations for removal companies please?

Mathews Removals were supposed to visit this evening to see how much we have to transport but they haven't turned up (even though they've already confirmed the removal date for us). I'm surprised as we used them last time we moved and they were very efficient and reliable, so perhaps there's a reasonable explanation for their lapse. Having said that I'd like to be prepared with alternatives in case there's a problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

#50 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

Does anyone have any recent recommendations for removal companies please?

Mathews Removals were supposed to visit this evening to see how much we have to transport but they haven't turned up (even though they've already confirmed the removal date for us). I'm surprised as we used them last time we moved and they were very efficient and reliable, so perhaps there's a reasonable explanation for their lapse. Having said that I'd like to be prepared with alternatives in case there's a problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

We used Sandersteads in Wallington in July.
Sandersteads

they had a packing service to but we didnt need that in the end... we had 4 flights of stairs too - no moaning about that and they were punctual and great guys to deal with....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#51 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:19 AM

We used Sandersteads in Wallington in July.
Sandersteads

they had a packing service to but we didnt need that in the end... we had 4 flights of stairs too - no moaning about that and they were punctual and great guys to deal with....

Thanks for the suggestion Twinkle but the panic's over now :rolleyes:
I received an apologetic call from Ian at Mathews Removals this morning. A family emergency last night prevented him from keeping the appointment and we're back on track for Friday :D

#52 Bond

Bond

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

I would like to heartily recommend Lara Transport (already mentioned positively on this thread - 020 86700251, www.laratransport.co.uk ). Kathy (in the office) was appropriately calm and reassuring and Mario and his team, who did the work, were unfailingly polite, helpful, careful and good natured. A very reasonable price (including packing), no moaning about having to find parking on a very busy street or dismantling various bit of furniture, and extremely generous with the bubble wrapping ! The team worked extremely hard over a couple of days and I have no hesitation in suggesting others make use of them.

#53 Plyn

Plyn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Bumping this thread - I'm looking to move locally at the end of the month and would like the full packing service. Lara Transport, Sanderstead and Mathews have been recommended in the past - I'd be really very grateful if anyone could update me with their experiences and recommendations.

Thanks,

Plyn

Bumping this thread - I'm looking to move locally at the end of the month and would like the full packing service. Lara Transport, Sanderstead and Mathews have been recommended in the past - I'd be really very grateful if anyone could update me with their experiences and recommendations.

Thanks,

Plyn

#54 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Has anyone got an up-to-date number for Matthews Removals? The number: 020 8406 5544 seems to be no more! :(

#55 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hello there stranger! Didn't you move away - are you coming back?
Mel, Forum Moderator

#56 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

Crikey... JGX. Original VNer!!

I can recommend F Smith and Son http://www.fsmithandson.co.uk/. Based in Croydon and I found them to be punctual, skilful and resourceful. Members of the British Assc. of Removals too - which means they have a reputation to protect. A lot of removal companies wouldn't care less about you and your possessions, but this firm was very very good. So good I gave them a tenner each tip!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#57 Axean

Axean

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'd support Elmo's recommendation for F Smith and Son, I haven't used them, but I know they have a very good reputation.

#58 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thanks all - good to 'see' you all again. Yup did move to Welsh Wales but I have a chum from CP moving up to my village (they just came to visit and fell in love with the place). I often 'lurk' but do miss you guys (and the fab CP restaurants!!) :)

#59 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I have used the London Removal Company for my very recent move and they have been great. The guys were fun to be around and they were very porfessional and attentive to the furniture.

http://thelondonremovalcompany.co.uk/
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!